Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Peanut butter cookies

So I got down to baking again after the jelly hearts making a month or so ago. And this time it's my favourite  ingredient, peanut butter! I don't usually eat peanut butter on sandwiches or anything, but I love reeses and cakes with peanut butter ingredients like Starbuck's chocolate peanut butter stack! So ironic right! Because I think of all the saturated fats, cholesterol but all those gets thrown out of the window when I see cakes. I would bake something that has both chocolate and peanut butter some day which are my two loves but I shall just make do with these peanut butter cookies for now. There're crunchy chopped peanuts in them as well. Like!
These are the crumbly type, exactly the type I like, similar to the subway ones. They looked so white/fair/not brown? That I hesitated about taking them out when the timer rang. I left a second batch for a longer time in the oven and they turned out so brown, which was not supposed to be. But my family says they prefer the brown one! Guess they don't like soft and chewy (lol) cookies. My type of cookies then. 
I guess the thing about baking is patience, as I learnt many times. I check the recipe and steps on my phone and double check because of my paranoia so I don't get the amount wrong or the steps wrong. And also the right type of ingredients. I used to think using my mum's double acting baking powder when they called for just baking powder meant that I could halve the amount, but I was so wrong. I was thinking in the chemistry sense, like double concentration. But I checked it out online and it actually meant something else, something to do with acting in the batter or in the oven. So when in doubt, the internet's your best friend. Haha. 




Intentionally made these photos extra large because I thought they looked good. And I don't know why they became portrait when it was landscape when I uploaded it. 
I really like how these cookies turned out. And this time, I ate more cookies compared to the cupcakes, brownies and jelly hearts I made. I think I never ate a single piece of brownie I made, one hazelnut nutella cupcake, one red velvet cupcake and one or two jelly hearts. But I ate 2.5 cookies! Haven't been jogging much because I'm feeling very lazy and the hot weather's a great excuse, and the recent London Olympics too since the games are mostly in the evening/night. So motivated to bake but no one to eat them for me. 
And speaking of the Olympics, I'm really proud of Feng Tian Wei for winning the bronze medal for Singapore. The semi finals match was so egg-citing and the fact that she never lost confidence or patience even when the opponent had the upper hand, like the commentator said was really admirable. It's a trait that we can all learn or try to cultivate. I used to have the same mindset as many other people who don't really support them, until I watched her play yesterday. Really admirable.
Such a random post for such a blog title, but hey, this is my blog and I can ramble here.

1 comment:

SimplyMe said...

Haha! your cookies look super yummy ><
And yes she won! YAAYYYY!:D I think its a really proud thing to be of! :D