Friday, August 10, 2012

Food makes me happy

So I had fish and seafood twice last week! It wasn't really planned but I enjoyed them all the same. Manhattan Fish market for dinner on Monday with Suxian. We ordered the buddy platter to share and it came with soup and salad. I only eat platters when I'm out with my friends because my family likes to order individual portions. I like platters because we get to eat a variety of food instead of just fish and chips.

Soup of the say which was mushroom soup. Haven't had cream soup in a long time so this tasted really good.

Actually I don't really like salad. I don't like lettuce or raw onions. The only thing I like is the tomatoes, but I still eat the lettuce. I have eaten tomatoes from the fridge as a fruit before. Is tomato a fruit? Or a vegetable? Okay all these coming from a life science student, kind of ironic. Haha and the thousand island dressing. I don't get what's so nice about it. Kind of ironic that salad that is supposed to be healthy has such a fattening dressing.

Flaming platter! Ever since I tried the flaming prawns I always order the flaming platter.And the reason behind it? The sauce that goes so well with the rice! But the one thing I didn't eat was the oysters. So Suxian had to eat them.

Then fish and co with AFC! This was a platter for 2 3, or so they said. But 5 of us had a very satisfying meal. I think if it's for 2, it would have to be 2 guys! I like the calamari from fish and co more, because it's a little bigger and saltier. Just like the overall taste of it! Haha giving a food review when I'm no food connoisseur. The prawns were nice too but the flour was a bit too much. Definitely felt very guilty for eating so much fried food. Considering that I have excluded jogging from my lifestyle. 
We sat at fish and co for a very long time, just catching up and listening to exchange stories and travel plans. I was quite surprised that they didn't come and chase us out considering that there was always a queue outside. But it got too cold so we left! But one thing to note was the efficiency of the staff. Seriously could have been better. Looking forward to our next meetup which will be our birthday celebration in November! 


And this was corriander sauce with fish for Huimin who wasn't feeling too well which we all shared as well:D Brought the peanut butter cookies I baked for them and they all liked the browner ones. I gradually liked the browner ones because the taste grew on me but I still like soft and chewy cookies more like the subway ones.

Happy pills! From Huimin and Tingyu. Sally also gave me chocolate but I didn't take photos of it because I put them into the fridge. As you can already tell, I took the photo of the marshmallows after I opened the packet. My friends keep telling me that it tastes so good so I had to try it. Actions of a glutton, and it didn't disappoint.


And the very nice waffle! Really very good! Finished it within 3 days sharing with my family! Thank you Tingyu! Very different from Loacker which I like, and I would say it's better than Loacker.^^

Nowadays when I think about the future, it's filled with so much uncertainty. Like by then (September, November), would I have found a job? How will my life be then? I guess this is the first time in my life feeling this way. Because I have always been going with the flow, from primary to secondary, then to tertiary education. And I would always know what I would be doing in a few months time, be it exams or holidays. The future was always certain. But this time I chose to step out of the flow and skip that one year. I don't know how it will turn out, whether I made the right choice or not. But since I have decided it I shall not look back. I always remember this quote 'Do not regret your actions, because at one point in life it was what you wanted.' Right or not, I guess I will only know in time to come.

Getting very stressed and upset everyday over my unemployment. I never used to think much of employment statistics because I always felt that 'Nah it doesn't apply to me.' or 'I'm too young for this.' and other what-nots. But now it's so real. Unemployed is me, and I am unemployed. It's so difficult to find something that I want to do, but yet I don't know what other alternatives to settle for. I don't want to settle but I'm getting so depressed (not the psychology term depression okay! Just sadder than normal). I took so long to realise my passion but now I can't do what I like. I think it's really very important to do what you like, and I'm envious of others who can do what I want to do but treat who it just like a job. I kind of know what they go through to make them this way but I can't understand why their passion die down. Unless..that is not their passion in their first place. But too late for regrets now. My life is so..unsettled. 

2 comments:

SimplyMe said...

No stress okay? The right time and events will happen as God unveils them for you :D

Ty said...

Hey Sam! You're very welcome! Happy to know that' u enjoyed the wafer! I like that it's so generous with the filling cos there are so many layers of the wafer biscuits, so it's well spread all over. Good luck and don't be disheartened over your job search k! Hope to hear good news from u soon! <3