Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Woes

Don't you feel the stress of staying connected too much sometimes? Like on Whatsapp, imessage or Facebook, it seems like there is a need to give an instantaneous reply once you receive a message. I don't mind it most of the time because of its convenience and how it connects people, but at some times it just gets so tiring to keep it up. The frequency of having time to me, myself and I and people in real life is decreasing, and even when we meet, we're still always on our phones. And for friends who are reading this, I'm not referring to anyone specific but just as a general observation. Of course it's fine if it's for emergency stuff like school, but to be on the phone for >50% of the time you're out with us then... I don't even want to be out with you!
So there you have it, the trade offs of technology. You don't always feel it, but it's definitely there and here to stay, I might add.

Sudden verbal diarrhoea because the pressure of replying instantaneously just got to me. At times like this, I just put my phone aside and don't even open or read the messages I received until I feel like it. I don't feel good doing this but I just can't help it.

4 comments:

jx:D said...

Shall purposely game when I'm out w you! :D:D:D

Muahaha, then ask Sx to read, Hz and Joanne to talk without you^^

SimplyMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SimplyMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SimplyMe said...

Yes indeed, hard to keep up with texting and keeping connected. Its like sometimes we just need more alone time and have more space to think... so... Why not throw your phone away for one day just to give yourself a break~? Don't be troubled over this <3

and... "Hello Amanda~~! :D, ah tai here"