Friday, August 17, 2012

I love dramas

During this break I've watched more dramas than I could ever watch. So I'm introducing some of my favourites that I've watched. First up, definitely has to be Rooftop prince! Because there's Micky. And the plot is quite interesting and unique as well. It's about Micky plays a crown prince in the Joseon (ancient) era, who suddenly finds himself in the modern world (2012) together with his 3 sidekicks. But he meets some people who he has seen in the Joseon period as well. It starts off as a light hearted and funny drama, and then slowly progresses into the exciting and thrilling themes when he sees his supposedly dead crown princess. And of course the female lead Han Ji Min who acts as Park Ha who took them in and let them stay with her. I really have to say that Micky acted very well. Because he had to play 3 or 4 characters. In the modern era, the crown prince exists as well, so he had to play 1. Lee Gak, the Joseon crown prince, 2. Yong Tae Yong, the modern guy who is in a coma/dead, 3. Lee Gak who is acting as Yong Tae Yong to cheat the evil characters in the show. Hahaha I have said so much. To say more would be spoiling the show already. The plot was really good and I was so glued to the show and the ending didn't really disappoint! Since it's quite difficult to end shows with such plots. The 3 sidekicks in the show were really funny as well so it's s show worth watching if you have the time. 20 episodes I think!

Next up would be another ancient drama that in my opinion is as good as Rooftop prince or even better. The moon that embraces the sun! At first when I heard the title, I was quite err.. Like what sort of show would it be? But the first 5 episodes were played by the child actors/actresses who acted very well. I mean, usually the child actors will just appear in at most half an episode or so. But in this drama they appeared in 5 whole episodes. If I were honest, I really wouldn't mind the child actors acting in the entire drama hahaha. Anyway, the plot is about the moon, which is supposedly the crown princess, who embraces the sun(s), which represents the 2 princes of Joseon played by the lead Kim Su Hyun and second lead Jung Il Woo. Kind of difficult to explain, but this story involves shamans who can foresee the future and who have 'magical' powers. So it starts off with the the young crown prince falling for the humble girl from the scholarly family, who reciprocates his feelings. But of course, other people will plot to separate them. Here comes the evil minister with his daughter who plots with the queen dowager to kill the crown princess using the shaman's power and making use of the princess (the crown prince's sister). As you would have it, the crown princess obviously doesn't die, because the shaman who 'killed' her is under an oath to protect her with her life. So she saves her and gives her another identity since she already forgot who she was. But fate lets her meet the 2 princes again. So the title of 'the moon that embraces the sun' is perfectly logical now. Hahaha. My favourite character of the show wasn't the leads, but the second lead Jung Il Woo! Such a noble character. 

The third drama I watched was an old drama, the greatest love. The plot is not as interesting as the previous two above, but still unique. It's about this popular actor who has a heart problem. He underwent a heart transplant surgery and has no problem anymore. But his heart rate always increases when one song starts playing. And that song is by one of the once-popular girl group. He slowly falls for the female lead. Really, you can see that the plot is hardly anything substantial, but surprisingly it turned out quite interesting. If you want to watch a drama, I still recommend the first two! 

I watched I do, I do as well. Mostly because of the two leads Kim Sun Ah and Lee Jang Woo! Haha I once thought that Jang Woo was very good looking, but now he kind of just looks normal or a little above average to me. Kim Sun Ah is like the devil in the devil wears prada, career minded and successful, mean with her words and who is disliked by all her subordinates. Then she meets Jang Woo who is young, sincere and jobless. They have a one night stand and she ends up pregnant. Before she knew she was pregnant, she goes for a blind date with a doctor, finally found someone who she really likes and who likes her back. But they can't get together): Haha my favourite character in the show was the doctor. He comes closes to my ideal guy, Ki Hoon oppa from cinderella's sister. 

Other dramas I'm currently watching include Time slip Dr Jin and Ojakgyo Brothers. Both are nice as well. I actually started A thousand day's promise and heading to the ground (yunho's drama) but I stopped for a while. So as you can see I'm such a drama addict. Of course, I won't be able to watch as much when I start work soon (I really hope). But I really want to work! Just want to earn money using my efforts. I'm sure it'll be a very good feeling. 

No comments: