Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Baking

Had a very productive weekend, in terms of baking, that is. Haha. I learnt how to make egg tarts from my mum, made pizzas for dinner and baked chocolate cream cheese cupcakes for my grandma to bring to her meeting. My cupcakes didn't look as nice as the first time I baked so I shall post photos of the cupcakes I made for the first time. Hahaha like playing cheat but it's still the same recipe! So.. I like making my food photos so big. Woke up at 730am to bake these. 


My mum wanted to make pizza for dinner because she says having rice for meals everyday makes life boring. It's nice for a change but I definitely prefer rice and dishes because they're healthier! And so that I can have other snacks like a piece of chocolate! My mum made the dough while I prepared all the ingredients for the topping. If you don't like tomato sauce for the base, you can try using sour cream like we did! It has no sour taste or whatsoever. And it's not very fattening too, I say. 

Seafood pizza which has so much more ingredients than Pizza Hut's! It's just squid, crabsticks, tomatoes, prawns and tuna with a little mayo! And how can I forget the mozarella cheese on top! Thin crusted pizza so we don't feel so full and the sides are so crispy too. 

This is the ham with mushroom and tomatoes pizza. I know this is not the standard topping, but it tasted nice anyway. I don't like hawaiian pizza so tomatoes are a good alternative!(: We calculated the cost and the price of one pizza is about $6! So much cheaper compared to those sold outside!

And the last and my favourite! Egg tarts! It was my first time learning from my mum. My mum made the dough and I just rolled the dough and put them into the aluminium foil cups. It was quite easy once I got the hang of it! Haven't had home made egg tarts for a long time so these tasted really good! I had one hot from the oven!


I'm going to be baking/making again this coming week! And will post photos if I succeed! I like baking because I don't need to think of other things while baking. So it helps to take your mind off things if you're stressed or troubled. When I start working I'm going to invest in some nice baking equipment and ingredients! Like silicone cupcake trays that look so cute and many other nice stuff! Haha already thinking of spending that money I haven't even earned. But in a way it helps to motivate myself. I already have a long list of things to buy with my first pay! Hahahaha. Sometimes I think I'm so full of nonsense like that.

1 comment:

jx:D said...

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :D