Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy 9th birthday to my blog!

Just out of curiosity, I went to check the date of my first post and it happens to be today. Unknowingly my blog has existed for 9 years. Though not all my thoughts have been written here, some of them have been. So embarrassed to look at my previous posts written in secondary school because of the bad grammar and random smatterings of Singlish and the shortforms I used then. So laughable if I weren't the author of those posts. But I still wouldn't delete them or privatize those because they're a reflection of my past. Afterall, I don't think anyone bothers reading them except yours truly. I like reading them and remembering that such things used to happen and I already forgotten them. So I'm thankful for this blog to remind me of things.

You can gradually see the transition into proper English and punctuations so it's a good thing! I still remember doing the quizzes on Quizilla or some site, then you get the code for the result to just paste into the blog entry. I have so many of those. And as if those weren't enough, we would purposely re-do the quizzes until we got the desired result, then post it on our blogs and 'show off'! Hahaha. And blogging was fun then because everyone had blogs. I remember having a whole list of people in my links. It was fun tinkering with the html codes as well. And searching on blogskins to look for nice templates. I remember my favouritest template was one with pink shoes, and second favourite would have been some colour pencils template.

Without facebook or youtube or the Korean drama/variety shows hype then, coming online meant updating blogs, chatting on msn, using friendster and playing Neopets. I don't know about you, but those were enough to keep me on the computer for really long hours. Gosh I feel so old. I bet no secondary school or JC student even knows what friendster is.
Haha. And just for laughs, I shall pick out some funny posts for my loyal readers.

My first entry ever on blogger. I used diaryland last time as well. Didn't really like it because it was quite restrictive and to use all the features you need to PAY. I wonder if it still exists now.

'new diary...i used blogger before but i din noe how to use it..so i used diaryland lor..but now i noe how to use liao,so juz create another blogger account lor...
hiz..now i'm in skool,juz now i wuz helping ms cheng do the powerpoint 4 the art awareness week...i din hv lessons after recess cuz i wuz helping ms cheng wif my friend..think i betta go liao lor..gotta go home liao..bb'

Omg I don't know why I had the tendency to begin with a 'hey' and end with a 'bye'. Like I'm writing a letter or talking to a friend. And check out the shortforms. Blogging in school. I remember the Art Awareness week where I had to put videos into the powerpoint slides. So I got to skip lessons with Felicia I think. Crescent even had zocards printed just to promote the AAW. I remember keeping a lot of them because the design was very nice. I think arts awareness week became a yearly affair, if I didn't recall wrongly. I actually kept all the crescent zocards because they used the students' designs and it turned out really nice. The excessive use of 'leh' and 'lor'. Can't stand it now, seriously!

And I don't even know what I was talking about in the past. Like 'omg I can't believe they did this'. I really really don't know what that 'this' means anymore. This shows that things that I thought were so significant that I could remember them forever are actually so insignificant now. Because if they were really so important to me I should definitely be able to remember them now, right? And I believe it will always be the same. Things that I hold on so tightly now, will I even be able to remember them 10 years down the road? I can't even remember things that happened 9 years ago. Hahaha. Maybe I'm just getting old. Like I always say, my memory is so bad.

I don't know when I'll stop blogging, but for now, I will. Since I have the luxury of time to note down the little things that happen in life. I hope blogger will always continue to exist and not close down. I think I will be so devastated if it really does happen.

2 comments:

jx:D said...

Don't think blogger will ever close down!!!! ($$$$$)

Ting Yu said...

Yay happy bday! And I wanna continue reading your blog for many years to come! :)