Monday, August 27, 2012

Goodbye Woojung couple

Crying buckets after watching the last episode of Woojung couple on We got married. I think this is the first time I feel so much for a couple though I have watched others like Yongseo and Adam couple. But I feel so much for them because I followed them from the start when they began about a year and a half ago. I remember waiting for a new episode every week, watching them progress from a slightly awkward couple to a couple so comfortable with skinship, almost like a real couple. I really liked Eunjung's character from the start and that is what makes her so attractive, at least to me (just as a fan okay!). She's so easy going and willing to go along with her husband's wishes, at the start where he brought her to a camping site and made instant coffee after telling her he could make gourmet coffee. She never once got angry or annoyed that he lied to her. To her, it just felt amusing. More importantly, I felt that she was so real. I liked how she throws her head back and laughs. I think she's the only wife who has been unglam in front of her husband, like tying up her hair and not always trying to look her best.

Though my impression of Jang woo did change for the worse in the middle where he was so frivolous and tried to look at other girls in a club, I think he changed for the better after that.  After their honeymoon and when Eunjung got injured. Thereafter, I think he did show genuine concern for her. I can't pinpoint at which point, but he did change his frivolous ways. Haha! Although he was still skinship starved. I did enjoy his multiple attempts of skinship because he would always hug her, the kind of bear hug that I like, catching her by surprise, to which she would always blush and shyly oblige. Although he didn't really give her a chance to react actually. But I guess she got used to his ways. And I really do think he would have made a good husband because he can cook so well! That is such a rarity these days, while Eunjung always sought the help of her mum/phone to learn how to cook for them.

I have lost count of the many times in the one and a half years when I told my brother who started watching them halfway that they were together in real life for sure. Especially after their second honeymoon and wedding ceremony with both their mothers. That's really bringing reality shows to a new level. And their mothers even teared in the backroom interview (they are filmed alone where the crew asks them questions and they answer). At that point I thought, 'wow I think this couple are really together for real.'

I mean it's not as if I was not prepared for the end. I chanced upon many spoilers and even knew that it was going to be their last episode, but that didn't stop the tears when I started watching it. So this is how it feels to follow a couple from the start to the end. For Yongseo and Adam couple, I watched them only after their wedding ended, so I only took a week or two, at most three, to finish their entire virtual marriage. Though I like all the couples I watched, I must say I'm the most attached to Woojung couple. I can understand why Yongseo shippers feel so deeply for yongseo and same for the Adam couple shippers. I even got upset when they had very little or no air time at all in a week because I don't watch the other couples because after one whole week of waiting, you tell me there is no woojung couple?! I guess Woojung couple is not that popular compared to the other couples where both of them are idols, but I don't see it as a bad thing. It seems to me that their 'relationship' wouldn't be so highly publicised or under such tight scrutiny by fans of both of them.

So yes, I do feel so silly for feeling so much and so strongly for a virtual couple. After all, it is but a virtual marriage. Sundays and Mondays won't be the same again without Woojung couple. At times I do wonder if both of them (actors) treat we got married just like work or another drama where they act out how they think they are supposed to feel. But I force those thoughts out of my head as fast as I can and choose to believe what I can see. And they say seeing is believing, isn't it?

Ending with a song Jang woo sang for Eun Jung. The lyrics speak of how he feel towards her, which caught me by surprise because I never would have imagined that he would put all his thoughts into this song. Throughout all these time, I realised he never once actually expressed how he feels towards Eunjung in words. The lyrics are really so touching. His feelings were all translated into actions like skinship and care and concern!

Lee Jang Woo - Words I couldn't bear to say


And the music video they acted in.


No comments: