Thursday, August 30, 2012

Retail and food therapy

 Does anyone enjoy retail therapy like me when you get stressed? Especially today when I got really upset. I guess in life where I many many things are out of my control, shopping is one aspect of my life that I can control and take charge of. It's good for myself but not for my wallet I guess! And even better when I manage to buy something on sale. So yes, I'm guilty of shopping on g-market once again. I stopped shopping on g-market for a very long time except to buy screen protectors which was about 6 months ago. I randomly searched for watches because I didn't want to keep wearing the same watch and I found very nice looking vintage looking watches. I resisted buying them yesterday but when I saw that there was a further discount I couldn't resist further and ordered two to get a cheaper shipping rate. My mum tempted me to order two watches when I initially only wanted to order one. Hahaha because I asked her if she wanted to order together with me, but she doesn't wear such watches though she thought they looked nice. Now I can't wait to receive them, but I think it will take some time to arrive since it's shipped from Korea!

On a different note, I'm so thankful for the time spent with my mum and my grandma today.  I think I would have felt worse without their company and their encouragement. I think that was God's way of making me feel better, by putting people by my side and having a good time. In times like this, I just need to keep trusting in God and believing in God's perfect plans for me. I need to keep remembering Jeremiah 29:11. I should memorise and keep this phrase close to my heart and believe that God has different plans for every single one of us. He is the creative God and will make things perfect in His time. Thank you Fanqin!

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Had a haircut today and it really made me feel so much better. So tired of seeing so many strands of hair drop everyday and having such messy and unkempt hair. Though I was a little sad that I grew my hair for so long, but well, hair always grows back! Had lunch at hatched and tried eggs benedict which I had been wanting to try for a long long long long time. And then we went to Everything with fries for desserts right after! One reason for that being the fact that there really isn't anything much to look at in Holland village. Because I always told my mum about it and she wanted to try the fries. We ordered the cake of the day as well because it looked really tall and nice in the display. No more space in the tummy for Island creamery which they heard a lot about from me.


My burly benedict! I ordered the chef recommendation! I always do that when I have too many choices or really don't know what to order. I didn't really have a lot of choices because I wanted to try eggs benedict. But if I visit again, I'll most probably try the other types of eggs although I have already, erm, tried them somewhere else if not at home. Because what other types are there? Just scrambled or sunny side up right? Poached eggs taste..normal. Since it's just kind of dropped into a pot of boiling water. I admit that it's definitely not easy to make it runny on the inside and hard on the outside. Definitely a healthier choice because there's no oil involved in cooking it. Speaking like a connoisseur though I'm not food blogger. It was nice though the portion looks very small. I ate very slowly intentionally because I didn't want to finish my food so fast. I could finish a piece of potato in one bite but I cut them so I could eat slower. And in a way, it did make me feel fuller than I should have been. So a weight loss tip is to eat slowly so you'll feel fuller and won't feel like you need to eat more to feel full!(: They were very generous with the corned beef so it's worth a try if you like beef!

My mum's the usual suspects. I felt that her set was super worth it! Because it came with a coffee. For $16! 2 poached eggs and 3 sausages, with potatoes and baked beans and toasted bread! Okay I know I'm just listing out whatever you can already see. Definitely very filling since there's potatoes and bread. Like a breakfast in a hotel. It's what I normally get if it's buffet style!

My grandma's smoked salmon and scrambled eggs! Looks nice also right! But I don't think I'll order this the next time though!

Everything with fries's cake of the day! Initially I wanted to let them try the nutella tart which they are famous for, but my mum saw this cake. It's some hazelnut cake. I can't really remember the name. It looked so nice in the display with so many layers but I was kind of disappointed when they served it! Because you can see the layers are not really equal in height. But the taste didn't disappoint though! I really really liked the hazelnut filling in it, which is probably hazelnut and some cream. I think of all the desserts, I love cake the most! I had quite a bit of this cake so I skipped dinner and had an apple.

Sour cream and onion fries! My mum was surprised when it came in such a big portion. I reckon this is definitely healthier than macdonalds since I saw somewhere that mac's fries don't breakdown even after weeks. I think we should have ordered salt and vinegar because it's my mum's favourite potato chips flavour. There's always next time!

I think it's really true that you never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. So here I am, documenting all these memories down. Just for my own keepsake.

2 comments:

ty said...

Really love reading your updates!! At least to me, they're real and not pretentious :)

Samantha said...

Hello Ting! Really glad to know that you like reading them!(: Just trying to write down things so I don't forget them:D