Saturday, August 18, 2012

The only reason to exercise is to be able to eat

Hahaha do you find my blog title true? For me it is! Because I'm not really dieting to lose weight but trying to maintain my weight now. Although I don't think I exercise a lot. Just swimming occasionally (?!). I have excluded jogging from my lifestyle for a long time now. The lack of motivation to lose weight and the weather being the 2 main reasons for this. And I have started caloric restriction (sounds like some science experiment). But it just means reducing food intake. I think I try to limit myself to 1200 to 1400 calories a day. I once used the app myfitnesspal calorie counter to monitor the amount of calories I take in, but now I don't really need it anymore because I've gotten used to the amount of calories in certain food. Like oats (30g which is about 130 calories) and milk/soya milk which is about 40 calories. Magnum double caramel is 340 calories, which I eat as a meal. My family must find me irritating because I always narrate the calories to them while they're eating. An apple is about 50 calories but usually I don't bother about calories in fruits unless it's exceptionally high (like kiwi - 90 calories!!! Why! I love kiwis) since it counts towards fibre. But obviously I don't know the calories for the food in the photos below. Which is why I exceeded my calorie count the past few days which translates to fluctuations in weight on the weighing scale. But it's okay! Haha as long as I don't exceed a certain weight it's fine for me. I know I sound quite obssessive about the calorie count but it's not really something I can forget so soon, considering that I've been keeping it up since February. But really, I'm not getting anorexic or anything because I love eating too much! 


Astons last Friday before Amanda and Joanne started school this week. Black pepper chicken with baked potato and potato salad. Potato overload! I actually wanted fries but I chose baked potato instead. Healthier choice? Although not really, looking at that piece of butter.

 Very delicious milk pudding with caramel sauce! First time trying a milk pudding. Not your typical watery caramel but the thick caramel. There was this slight tinge of burnt taste. Don't know if it's supposed to be like this. I liked it like this but I wouldn't have minded eating the milk pudding on it's own as well.:D

Hawker centre food in Yishun with Suxian after swimming. Speaking of swimming. I'm never going to swim at 12 noon without any sunblock on my body. I only applied it on my face and I got such an unsightly tan on my shoulders! Both of us were exclaiming in the toilet and complaining about the tan. It's always funny how it was so sunny when we start swimming when before that the skies were always grey. Spammed a lot of aloe vera cream and gel the next few days so it didn't really peel. Or maybe the peeling hasn't started yet><

Everytime after we swim she brings me to her favourite coffee shop and introduces her favourite food to me. We had chicken rice the last time and this week I tried the Hokkien prawn mee! And it was really good! Hahaha Su xian took about half the time I took to finish it. I took some time to finish it because I wanted to eat it slowly and enjoy it! You can see I spammed a lot of sambal chilli.

I was actually quite full already but she said there was a desserts stall somewhere nearby so... Greedy me wanted to try to desserts. I had almond beancurd. Because I had a craving for almond paste or just any almond dessert since last week. Su xian said I ordered the uncommon dessert. And indeed it is. Since I don't like Ice kacang, red/green bean soup. Basically I only eat almond paste, tau suan and ice jelly cocktail, and now almond beancurd. Even the ice has almond syrup. I didn't like the taste of powdered almond from the start. In the past I always wondered why it smelled so weird. But I like it now!

Ran an errand for my mum today and I was decked entirely in blogshop apparels. Didn't realise it until I took this photo. First time wearing Megagamie's Tee time top. It's very comfortable and the material is so smooth. But it's really kind of loose even for me. Hollyhoque scallop trim crochet hem shorts. I have no idea how I can remember the names of these items. Selective memory I say. Hahaha. And hollyhoque sandals. The necklace was also from a blogshop! I was at g2000 shopping for formal shirts since I need them next week and they were having a facebook promotion of $16 each for shirts. So I bought 2 and felt so happy to have bought them. It's funny how a difference of a year makes. Just last year, I was the one in the shop assisting customers and now I'm the customer. Now I no longer need to fret over what to wear for an interview because now I have a total of 3 formal shirts and 1 skirt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

when you going to start eating the meat you just Find calorie lists on meat packaging or from the USDA.


How Many Calories Counter

Samantha said...

Samantha Jacob: Hi! Thanks for the info!(: