Saturday, September 29, 2012

Drables

Haven't had much to pen down in words because my life has been kind of smooth sailing, in a way, with no troubles or anything much since I've gotten rid of the annoying people in my life. A quote I've come across often on Instagram is 'Spend time with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress' and I really agree with it. If you find that you need to impress the people you're around, then those people don't like you for being yourself, but for you being able to act like someone you're not. Ultimately, you lose yourself. I guess I've been reading too much Joy Luck club. Too many themes of identity, or the loss of it. 

I still do think of the what ifs now and then but nothing good ever comes out of those thoughts since whatever happened for a reason and I'm not one to regret so I just look forward to the future. After all if things were to happen, that's where they will take place. But it's most important to live in the present, I feel. Since we'll never get back the time that we've lost everyday. So cherish every moment, or at least try to, because most people tend to get caught up in our (their) daily lives trying to succeed in whatever we want to do but don't get to enjoy the nice moments in life. It doesn't have to be something extraordinary. It can just be a nice scenery that you fail to notice when you're in a rush every day. And that moment belongs to you, and you only. 

Photos of food again! My grandma decided to cook nasi lemak last week because we still had coconut milk leftover from the making of the pandan chiffon cake. I was strongly against the idea because it was coconut milk and even told her to cook just white rice without adding the coconut milk, but of course, it was to no avail. So my rice intake for that day was just two spoonfuls. The normal spoon you use for eating, I mean, and not the rice scoop! Haha to compensate for the huge amount of saturated fat. Okay I know Amanda doesn't like reading about all these kinds of fat and has returned everything to the FST prof, but I really can't help it! For the rest, it's good to know the nutrition facts and good for changing lifestyles and not just simply diet! Trying to justify my own actions on my own blog. Hahaha. I helped with the frying of the eggs and luncheon meat slices! Not the fish because when frying fish, the oil has the tendency to splatter onto my arms and I'm too afraid. 

I'm not a fan of cucumber, and I don't take cucumber at all, but to make up for the amount of fat I ate that day, I ate a lot of the cucumber. Because cucumber has negative calories and I was hoping to take some off my lunch and dinner that day. Don't think it helped much but every little action counts, right! My mum commented that my life is very sad, because I need to think so much before eating something. Yes it is indeed quite difficult, but I don't find it sad because I know I'm being healthy and it's for my own benefit when I get old, like in my 50s. At least I hope I can slow down the onset of chronic diseases.Kind of far fetched I know, thinking so far, but after learning the onset of atherosclerosis, I'm so compelled to do this.  



So much unhealthy food but they taste so good. Still, do not succumb to temptation! I'm far from being super healthy, but at least I try to cultivate good habits!

No comments: