Saturday, September 08, 2012

Lilypirates Japanese Doll dress in blue florals

This has got to be the nicest dress hanging in my wardrobe. It's a tie between this and my Sunbeams dress from TTR. Once I saw the preview on Facebook I knew that I had to buy it! Haha! Lilypirates named this dress the Japanese Doll dress, and very aptly indeed. The florals look like watercolour painting. I saw this floral print on a skirt quite some time ago but decided that I wouldn't wear such a skirt so I gave it a miss. So imagine my excitement when I saw this floral print on a dress with my favourite cut, which is flare dresses! I was so excited to receive it and buying it provided me with some much needed stress relief from the presentation I had to do. It was quite a stressful moment (?!) deciding whether to buy this because of the price of $33 but I'm so glad I did! On one hand I was thinking, what if I don't get it and they don't have a back order and no one sells it on the forums? And on the other hand, I was thinking, but it's so expensive! So I just commented first and deliberated on deleting my comment after that. The shopaholic in me won in the end hahaha. So happy that I didn't need to join their backorder, like I always did for their items because I missed their launch. 

Lilypirates was really efficient in mailing it out. They mailed it out on Thursday and I received it on Friday. I was actually afraid that I wouldn't be able to fit because I haven't bought dresses with 15 inches ptp (Size S) before. But I was sure my ptp was smaller than 16 inches. So happy that it fits so well. The material is really thick and structured as well. I think pink florals was a more popular choice but I just really really love the blue florals instead. And I was so glad that this dress is 33 inches. Somehow dresses 32 inches in length feel very short. What a difference 2.5cm makes.

I really recommend this dress! Both the material and fit are really good. I'm going to wear it out as soon as I get the chance to!
 Close up of the florals

Such a pretty dress right! I didn't want to take it off even though I was just trying the fit.


On a side note, I haven't watched a funnier episode than episode 109 of running man in a long time. The recent episodes haven't been as entertaining. I like athletes who can be funny on variety shows without trying too hard, like Park Ji Sung, Son Yeon Jae and Park Tae Hwan! So after they retire from sports they can venture into variety as well!

No comments: