Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cheese, cheese, cheese, I love you

The title says it all. It's all about cheese, cream cheese, my favourite!
We baked chiffon cheesecake, a less calorie chiffon cake compared to the pandan chiffon cake that we baked 2 weeks ago. Trying to stay off coconut milk as much as I can because it's the highest in saturated fat!

I came across something recently and found it really meaningful. The person said that dieting is a very horrible word because it means that it would only last for a period of time, like a period of eating lesser and cutting down on food intake for the sake of weight loss, and once the weight goes down to the desired weight, people go back to their previous lifestyle. Hence, the proper way is to change eating and lifestyle habits for a healthy life, and not go on a 'diet'. I'm quite proud to say that I've been eating healthily, like having 2 servings of fruits daily in addition to the vegetables as well as trying to have wholemeal bread or rice as often as possible. I really hope to be able to keep this up for the rest of my life. Okay this is sounding too ambitious, I shall just think of the rest of the year and the next first. Although I'm also guilty of 'dieting' by cutting down on food because I don't exercise regularly.

So here are the photos of our hard work in the kitchen for about 3 hours!
Chiffon cheesecake! The taste is actually similar to the Japanese cotton cheesecake but the texture is rougher, like the texture of normal chiffon cake.

And do you recognise this? This is the Japanese cotton cheesecake that I failed once at. My mum told me to try it again and I succeeded this time! It was so amazing as I watched the mixture of egg whites and sugar turn into cream-like texture. Forgot to take a photo but I'll make sure to take a photo the next time I bake something similar.
My favourite cheesecake!

I'm always posting the same photos because we always use the same recipes, but I promise to try new recipes involving peanut butter which I have a whole kilogram of. Maybe I shall start with the peanut butter pancakes that I've been meaning to try, or peanut butter cupcakes. But the thing is, I don't really have a problem with baking, I have a problem with finishing the cupcakes. My family doesn't really like cupcakes or cakes for that matter. They take better to cookies instead. Still, I shall not be deterred and bake something so I can bring it when I meet my friends!

Woke up early on Sunday morning to fry pancakes for my family, and I love days like those when we cook and bake something together, then enjoy the food happily as compared to days when we just mind our own business at home as we face our respective laptops, desktops, iphones and ipad and what nots. 

3 comments:

jx:D said...

Haha, yup! Family bonding time is the best(: (friends also:P)

ty said...

You're getting really good! I think you're having a fruitful time and making good use of whatever time u have now! enjoy looking at what you cook/bake/eat/buy/wear hehe (:

Samantha said...

jx: yupp! Must spend more time with family and friends! But I'm the only one free~~

ty: Haha I find that time passes much faster this way! Is it weird that I don't really look at the calendar anymore? Jiayou with school as it gets tougher by the weeks!(: