Monday, September 03, 2012

Annoying phone calls

I'm actually fuming as I type this. Of late, I'm so annoyed to receive phone calls from the various insurance companies. But for their sake I shall not name any of them. It would suffice to say that I have received phone calls from ALL of the popular insurance companies in Singapore. And what got me so irritated just now was how rude the insurance agent was. For one, I have never given out my phone number to a single company. So I have no idea how they got my number in the first place to call me. Next, I have never once expressed interest in buying any insurance. Most of the time, the callers are really polite and nice, understanding that I don't have the intention to think about this now and just leave me their number for me to call should I change my mind. So I'm actually quite okay with that.
BUT! What made me riled up today was this male agent. He was SO pushy, and did not even ask if I was interested in buying any insurance. The next thing I knew, he was asking where I lived to arrange a meeting time to talk to me about various policies, in his terms, letting me know my options. And it's fine if he didn't know I was not interested at first. So I expressed my disinterest and told him I would contact him if I had any plans to invest or what-not. BUT he refused to let me have my way, and insisted that I meet him to know more. He kept talking and talking and refused to listen to what I had to say.
And obviously I didn't want to meet him, so I repeated the fact that I had no interest, AND you know what! He still went on and asked me why I was not interested, as if he was reprimanding me and my loss for not wanting to know more. At this point I was already getting very annoyed. And yet he still kept yakking on and on. I was really on the verge of hanging up but I didn't because I didn't want to appear rude or ill-mannered.
So again, I repeated that I would contact him if I were to be interested in the future. But you know what he just said? 'Okay bye.' And hung up first. Without even saying he would follow up or anything along that line. Not that I would have wanted, but it would only be polite. Like wth. This is such rude behaviour I would never have expected from such a leading firm. So put off by such rude people who don't even know basic telephone courtesy, and who call themselves professionals. Of all different kinds of people, I hate rude people the most, seriously.

1 comment:

jx:D said...

Haha, next time when you just hang up first! "Sorry I've no interest. Thanks and bye" If only we could block certain numbers:P