Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beautiful writing


'You can meet the love of your life. You can meet them in a bookstore, in a coffee shop, at a party, at a bar, through friends of friends, on the Internet, whatever. The trick to finding this person though is to never resign yourself. Never let the lonely days swallow you up, never accept that you’ll just be one of those people who doesn’t get to be loved. Because the second you start believing it, it can become true. That’s the scary part. How quickly days can turn into years. Just like that. I’ve always said that the whole “love comes to those who aren’t expecting it” is BS. Who ISN’T expecting love? I didn’t expect love for two solid years and guess where it got me? Celibacy. You should always expect to be loved, you should always expect to find somebody to love because if you don’t, you do get your worst fears confirmed and then you’re a goner. Then you’re denying yourself what you deserve. What you can certainly have.'

-Ryan O'Connell at thought catalog


Read more at http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/how-to-meet-the-love-of-your-life/#SMtzuIJt6Ffow4MI.99

Once again, they always manage to put into words how I feel. I'm envious of their ability to write and string words together so nicely. Something I find so hard to do, for the lack of reading extensively or my inability to emulate this sort of writing method. But I will try. 

In the meantime, I will just relish in reading beautiful writing. 



The mooncake festival is looming upon us, in about 10 days or so. But I've been having mooncakes since half a month ago. Seems like it's taking too long to come this year. Hahaha. This is so random but I wanted to post a photo of this box of mooncakes from TWG I bought for my family. Adhering to my secret thought of spending more so that I can get a job soon. Just excuses to spend, really. The colours of the mooncake and the flavours were so unique I knew I had to buy it when I saw it in the Sunday Times. I love snow skin mooncakes with egg yolks but the ironic thing is that out of these four, only one has just a single egg yolk! And these mooncakes are not even snow skinned. I hope to buy a box (or boxes) of mooncake(s) every year for my family. And this shall mark the first!



3 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Wow.. Happy upcoming Mooncake festival!!!!! :D

The mooncakes look so glossy..

jx:D said...

Haha maybe they took creative writing lessons:P writing is a skill tt you can master:p heehee
The moon cakes looks nice!

Samantha said...

Joanne: Hehe really good and nice and unique flavours!

jx: I think 'must be born with it' ah. So nice right!!