Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hatched, again

So..this is going to be another food post. I know right, getting fat from all the good food I'm having. Starting with Hatched on Friday with Amanda, Huizhen, Joanne and Suxian! We finally managed to meet up all together to go to Hatched, but the food was rather disappointing and not worth the price at all. But the photos of food always look good. I decided not to have fried egg/poached egg/scrambled egg and try something else since I was craving for something sweet and salty at the same time. I'm just weird like that. I like having a little bit of each. 
My 'The sleepover (hatched special)! Fulfills my criteria of something sweet yet savoury because of the bacon and bananas and maple syrup with bread in french toast style! I ordered the chef's recommendation again! I know it's very fattening but I couldn't stop my hands from putting all the bread into my mouth and by the time I finished, I felt so guilty about finishing everything on my plate. It tasted rather nice, but I felt it's not really justified for the price since it cost $12 and it's just bread, banana and bacon. 

Huizhen and Amanda's Eggs royale. Haha Huizhen told me that she liked the mashed potatoes and the mushroom sauce more than the main dish, the egg and smoked salmon more. So I guess that's saying something. I notice this is a favourite for people who visit Hatched, but one thing to note is that this is not a chef reommendation!

Suxian's pork ribs atop mash. No eggs at all! It really really isn't worth it for the price of $18 and it's really small. The brown sauce is teriyaki or barbeque sauce so if you don't like it you shouldn't order this! And I think it wasn't filling also!

Joanne's beef pot pie. I think this looked the nicest of all that we ordered. Haha but Joanne, as usual, just had the eggs and beef and skipped the bread bowl altogether because carbs are the most filling of all!

I don't think I'll be going back to Hatched anytime soon, was our conclusion after dinner. Everything with fries anytime (when we're in Holland v, that is!)


As always, dinner in Holland V ends with Island creamery. We had quite a hard time choosing which flavour to have since we have tried so many of the flavours already. So we just chose one that we didn't try before. And usually before buying we'll try the flavour, but we didn't for this time and it tasted surprisingly good, like real apple pie! Sounding a little silly here since it's replicated after apple pie.
And here you can see the black specks of cinnamon powder (I'm guessing here), and the brown bits which are digestive biscuits. Another unique flavour that I like! Might buy this home for my family to try the next time, since my favourite Teh tarik was not favoured by them. It still sits sadly in the freezer compartment a month after I bought it.

We usually leave behind the container after eating it there. If we were to take home the container each time we eat there, I think we would have ended up with a lot of containers! Haha just a random thought!

1 comment:

jx:D said...

Haha maybe one person will have at least 2-3 containers! Lol my mum said we have too many of it at home when we dont really...><