Sunday, October 14, 2012

Silence

The entire day, I've uttered a record of less than a hundred words. Oh the wonder of cold war or silent treatment. I think I've bonded with my laptop more than anyone or anything today. I certainly don't relish more of such days because I simply hate guessing games. I hate back tracking my actions and guessing where I have gone wrong. Period. 

I need to quit my self-righteous thoughts right now. After doing some reflection I finally saw where I was wrong. 

And I have so much more to learn about watching my tone and attitude. So irritated at myself for what I did. While I'm not rude by nature, I get irritated/annoyed really easily and it shows through what I say though I try very hard not to let it. I wrote about watching the words, but I forgot about the tone at that time. The tone is so important because most of the time, I get annoyed at others' attitude that they show. It's like the silent words, if you get what I mean. 

There's always a lesson to learn everyday , and I learnt it the hard way. And I had to. That's how I always do. 

So here's an advice for people who're reading this space. Don't use the attitude that you hate being given on the people you love the most. We always tend to mistreat the people closest to us and take them for granted but we can't do that, for you never know when they decide to leave you someday. Start treating the people you treasure the most right today!

No one is perfect but no one said that you can't inch towards perfection day by day, right?

3 comments:

ty said...

oh gosh i'm as guilty of the things you mentioned as you are! does it have to do with horoscope?

Samantha said...

ty: Haha no idea! But I always regret after I show my bad attitude):

SimplyMe said...

Hey! I'm glad you got to find out what was the problem behind the whole incident. There's a lot of things to learn, you're right.. Everyone goes through life forgetting that there are others with feelings and are equally important as you and i are. Some people ignore/forget that all the way until their deathbed while some people realise some point in life~!
I'm just glad you have learnt something from this :D