Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My weeks in food photos

Returned my graduation robe with Su xian two weeks ago so we got the chance to eat at Hwang's at Utown again! Haha and I had my favourite bulgogi. So coincidental that my two visits to Hwang's was with Su xian. Ordered rice cakes to share too! My first Korean meal since I came back from Korea in June! I love kimchi and meat! Su xian had the kimchi fried rice which she said was nice as well. I always stick to my favourite while she always tries different food. 


Met my mum at Jurong Point and we went shopping for work clothes. Yes I'm starting work soon! And my wardrobe is full of casual clothes which I feel aren't suitable for work. And I still have a grand total of 3 formal shirts, one formal skirt and 2 pairs of pants. Haha I guess it should be sufficient if I mix and match them differently. Had dinner at a random restaurant called Ambushed. It's a German restaurant I guess, since they served quite a variety of sausages, but sadly we didn't try them because my mum and I were calorie conscious. We still had a nice meal though all we ordered were starters and not main courses. The beef balls with fries tasted really good. I love how compact these beef balls are like those pizza hut serve, albeit in a different style with cream and cheese.

Ordered rosti as well. I liked how crispy it was on the outside and soft on the inside. I didn't really fancy the sour cream though. I like my food plain, without sauces usually.

Watami at J cube with Su xian again! Haha because she needed a white dress so I lent her my sunbeams dress. Ordered bibimbap which was super worth it because it was under the student meal and the portion size was still the same as the full priced ones. I think it was $6.90 only, and we ordered fries to share too so it only came to about $11 each after adding the service charge and GST. So cheap! But I don't think I will ever have the chance to order student meal again because you need to order before 6pm.

These look like so much food but you must note that these photos were accumulated over 3 weeks or so! And I didn't post them because I've been busy with my health checkup for work, helping my grandma with cooking lunch, completing a cross-stitch and watching Smile, Donghae.

Photo of these very nice tasting grapes from Korea! Really not exaggerating at all!! My grandma's friend gave them to her. You know how those gummy candies have grape flavour? I never understood why those smell are grape flavour, but I finally did when I smelt these grapes. And these grapes are not like the kind you get from supermarkets. It's like once you bite into the grape, the skin comes off from the fruit immediately. And the fruit is like jelly, except there were seeds in these grapes. I'm definitely going to buy grapes when I visit Korea again. The good thing was I got to have these grapes all to myself! Because my family didn't like them. I wonder why.. Maybe I have weird taste.

3 comments:

Ty said...

Yay congrats!! :D

SimplyMe said...

Yeshhh CONGRATS WITH WORK! :D:D:D
Haha! I think it'll be sufficient especially if the colours are not too obvious so people wouldn't be able to tell in one week you have to wear the same shirt twice!:P

So blessed to eat so much delicious FOOD!!!!!!!!!!! even though its over a span of 3 weeks :P

You make the grapes seem like they smell very different from the grapes we have here!!and its weird why your family didn't like it.. maybe it tastes different too!

Samantha said...

Ty: Thanks!! And our birthday celebration is coming soon!:D

Joanne: Yes yes the grapes really really really taste different. Next time when we go to Korea must buy and try. Haha you've also been having nice food! I saw the dim sum on your blog!