Saturday, October 27, 2012

Family!

Don't be deceived by the title. This is another post with food! Hahaha.

Met my Mum after work at Lot one since I'm currently working near there. I always thought there's a lot of things in Lot one but after walking around there once, I realised it was just like an older version of Causeway point - nothing much at all. We settled for thai food at Siam Kitchen. I think we over ate. 4 dishes for the two of us. Tom yam soup is always a must order for me whenever we eat thai food, and the stingray looked really nice from the menu. If you couldn't tell, the sting ray is the one with the lady's finger with lots of chilli sauce. I got a shock when it came because it looked so different from the photo in the menu.





I think the nicest dish was the vegetables with salted fish. Not that I like salted fish a lot, I liked the vegetables! After we finished our meal and left the restaurant, we saw Paradise dynasty at the other corner and immediately regretted! Hahaha. There's always the next time though! Whenever I think of Paradise dynasty I actually think of the radish rolls that I had which I felt was super nice instead of the coloured xiao long baos that they're famous for. Definitely going to order that if I visit again.

On a random note, I think it's really difficult to eat healthily and have a balanced meal outside. During lunch I always have soup noodles because it's healthier than the dry version but the amount of vegetables they give is so little. Well not that I ask for more anyway. Haha, still trying to lead a healthy lifestyle whenever I can. I shall look for a yong tau foo stall when I work at Clementi and patronise them everyday. I think my colleague must think that I'm weird for wanting to eat noodles in soup everyday for the lack of other choices, and I really mean every single day><

Visited JB last weekend with my Mum and brother, so it's more food again! My must visit restaurant when in City square mall is the Kim Gary hongkong cafe! I really like this cafe because they serve a wide variety of food and their method of ordering is also quite interesting. Used to really like their cheese baked rice with fish fillet but I don't really like to eat a lot of rice anymore so I would have just wasted the rice had I ordered that. Had a hard time deciding what to order because I didn't want to eat a filling meal since there were other food I wanted to buy, like secret recipe cakes and auntie Anne's pretzels. So I bought all of those, but didn't eat them all on the same day. Bought the pretzel for breakfast the next day and in fact, I ate my white dark chocolate cheese cake only yesterday. Hahaha almost a week later.

My brother's yuan yang and coconut dessert. He ordered the set meal but the dessert came before the mains which I forgot to take a photo of because I was too busy eating already. Hahaha.



My Mum's mango ice dessert, which also came before her 'main' meal. Their order of serving is a little... But the mango ice was nice! 

My Mum also didn't want to have filling food so this is her cheese sausage bites. Okay only in my opinion!

My double cheese mixed mushrooms! Because I love all types of mushrooms. Shared this with my brother and Mum! There's the cream option instead of double cheese but I think cheese would be nicer right!

And I have no idea why I ordered this. The menu didn't state that it's fried fish fillets so I was misled into thinking that it might be grilled. Hmm rather salty so I won't be ordering this again!

Walked around for a bit since they had quite a lot of shops open despite their renovations. And because the area was so huge, the renovations didn't pose much inconvenience to us unlike the ones at causeway point. Overcrowded like nobody's business. And I didn't buy anything apart from food at all! I saw some blazers and skirts suitable for work but they were too expensive. I'm still thinking about the tweed jacket I saw at Mango): Which I might actually buy it if I visit again. The favourable exchange rate makes me really happy. Lack of self control omg.

Desserts at Baskin Robbins! I think you can definitely guess that there is peanut butter in my ice cream since I always proclaim my love for chocolate and peanut butter here. Yummmm.

Auntie Anne's pretzel that I've grown to like ever since Sally ordered this in seaweed flavour, which is the only flavour that I order now. My breakfast the next day which I ate so slowly. I've since learnt not to finish my breakfast all at one go because I get hungry so easily. Instead, I eat them in parts, once at 8, another time at about 10 or 11. So I guess it's a good thing that I work alone so no one sees my weird eating habits.



Really enjoyed the time spent with my Mum and brother since we don't talk that often when we're at home. We're all too busy facing our gadgets at home so I think it was nice to sit and talk while we enjoyed the food.

1 comment:

jx:D said...

Heeheeh, so many pics of food all at one go!:D Luckily I'm not hungry yet~~