Sunday, October 07, 2012

Bite back your tongue

Thought of something that happened last week and I remembered a quote I read before

"Words cannot be forgotten, only forgiven"

I find it so true, don't you think? Once you've said what you want to, once it leaves your mouth and your lips, you have no control over what the other party interprets it as, so I told myself never to say things in a fit of anger, because you never know if the other party will remember what you said for life or get offended if they don't show it.

I, for one, tends to remember what others say to me in a quarrel, not on purpose but my brain just has this inherent ability to remember all these nonsense, and somehow, I remember them for a long long time. I don't remember it all the time, but just sometimes, I get reminded that this person called me a ____, or that person said I was ____. And when I get reminded of it, a flash of irritation comes and goes. Maybe I have never forgiven that person for their words, whether they meant it or not.

So, I've learnt to only say things when I mean it, good or bad because I don't want to regret my words ever.

No comments: