Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saveur

Finally got to visit Saveur with Amanda after her exams ended! We had been planning to visit since the start of the year but we had to shelve our plans so we ended up at Saveur only about 5 months later. But still, better late than never.

There was a crowd and a queue had already formed when we arrived at close to 12 noon, their opening time. I didn't think to make reservations because I didn't expect the queue. There are two sections in the restaurant. They open one at 12 noon and the other at 12:30, so we gave them our names to reserve seats for 12:30 while we went to walk around at the huge Popular at Jalan Besar. I love looking at books and reading as well. I'm really glad that my Mum cultivated the habit of reading in us since we were young. My favourite author has got to be Mitch Albom, and I like Jodi Picoult for her very thought provoking books too.

We decided to share so that we can try more items
 photo IMG_4824_zpsdf1ba876.jpg

Saveur's pasta! Don't be deceived by how huge a portion this looks like. It was actually very very small in size. I really wonder how they managed to roll the pasta into such a nice shape. Their plating skills are good. It's good that the portion size is small so it doesn't really fill you up!

 photo IMG_4830_zps2caa78ec.jpg

And wow, this duck confit was so good. The duck is so tender that the meat just fell apart, and it wasn't dry like the roasted duck that I usually have. But of course, I can't compare them like that since both the cooking style and the way it is meant to be eaten are different. We enjoyed this dish a lot! It was quite cheap for such a portion. $10.90++

 photo IMG_4836_zps37ade293.jpg

Up next was dessert! We settled for chocolate and hazelnut since Amanda loves chocolate. There are many desserts I'd go back for, like the pistachio! My friend said it's nice. The chocolate and hazelnut is just mousse, and luckily it was shared because one person definitely cannot finish it. It looks like a small blob here but it isn't!

Filled our tummies for about $13 each, which I felt was very reasonable given the location and the quality of food.

 photo IMG_4844_zps07d52636.jpg

And ending off with a very random outfit of that day. Paired TTR's dandelion lace dress together with TTR's tea party madness skirt. I know right, matching a dress and a skirt together, but I cannot wear the dress on its own because it's too short for me. A few of my friends also commented that it was nice too so I was happygirl90 that day. Hahaha(: I'm such a big TTR fan.

No comments: