Sunday, July 21, 2013

Modern Jap for you?

Before our Hong Kong trip, Amanda and I met up to finalize some details and info that she got from her friend who visited Hong Kong twice. Wow and I wouldn't have known about Kwai Chung Plaza if not for her friend. I had such high hopes about Cheung Sha Wan fashion street which turned out to be so errr.. Okay more about that in my Hong Kong entries.

I read blogs and heard about Shokudo at Cineleisure so we headed there to try the food! We probably reached there early since there was no crowd at all and we were served promptly.

The prices in the menu were pretty expensive for the portions served. Anyway we weren't looking for food to fill us up but more to just try the items. Glad that we weren't disappointed!

 photo IMG_4891_zpsc1ef37e2.jpg
Unagi pizza with mushroom. I liked this a lot! The crust was so crispy and thin, but of course it can't be compared to skinny pizza's. My only gripe is that it came in such a small portion. Sounding like such a glutton  like that because it was so nice.

 photo IMG_4888_zps50c5052e.jpg
Crunchy salmon maki. I liked this as well! Started eating sashimi a few months ago and I really wonder why I shunned sashimi in the past. Wrapped with the sashimi is some crunchy tempura bread crumbs, I think. Really good, with lots of wasabi. 

These two items didn't really fill me up but it was enough. Would go back again to try their main courses one day, or maybe I might eat these again and order more sides to share since they're so good. Looking at these photos make me want to have jap food right now, but I'm at home right now so my grandma's home cooked food will suffice. I love home cooked food too! I guess that's the dilemma about eating out. While it's good to meet friends and catch up on the times that we haven't been talking, I cannot be home for dinner and I miss the food my grandma cooks. 

No comments: