Monday, July 22, 2013

God is good all the time

Got a little flustered and stressed at work because of something unexpected. Guess I've gotten too used to the daily or weekly routine that I often lament about. So when something cropped up, I got really stressed and apprehensive, afraid that I'd not be able to handle it. Then I started grumbling to myself and lamenting to my colleagues over Skype since I couldn't speak of them. I started doing the necessary and faced some problems, like being questioned about why it had to be done.

And suddenly, just really suddenly, I decided to pray. I prayed for things to go smoothly, and thereafter, things went more smoothly than before. I was not being questioned anymore (I wouldn't know what reasons to give either), and patients just accepted and agreed.

I became very thankful as well as I thought of the arrangements that had been made, like opening up of the afternoon appointments for me when it has always been the morning appointments. For if they hadn't, I'd have had a worse job to do. I stopped grumbling and was very thankful towards the person behind it.

So there, there are always two sides to an issue and how you view it. Yes, sure, my first reaction was to grumble and get annoyed at the inconvenience. But I learnt to look at it from another angle and indeed, I am blessed. And nope, the work is not done yet, but I'm not going to get stressed because I know that I definitely can work through it because God is watching over me, always.


Now all I am, I lay at Your feet.
One thing I know, I find all I need, in Your unending love.

No comments: