Friday, July 26, 2013

Random baking

One fine random day, I decided to bake again after a long baking hiatus. It's always a dilemma, between baking new recipes and having to eat them. My mum always complains that I bake and eat very little, so I refuse to bake sometimes! LOL. But I very randomly decided to bake this after looking through a food recipe blog. Can't remember where I got this from because my laptop crashed and I lost everything except for some photos in a separate drive.

Can anyone guess what this is?
 photo IMG_4719_zpse1931fc8.jpg


 photo 79E320B0-F9A9-4812-949E-EB308BB6B6F1-18807-000010A44FE1C9ED_zpsd4d9229d.jpg

 photo IMG_4725_zpsea2a6914.jpg
I guess you can only tell that is is some gooey stuff on top of some cake like looking thing. Or maybe you can't even. I've coined this as condensed milk because this really really tastes like condensed milk, or rather, just the gooey portions taste like condensed milk. Haha hey if you're interested in making your own condensed milk, I remember it contains 4 cups of icing sugar, some cream cheese, and eggs. And then baked. The bottom cake layer was made using a yellow cake mix that is sold in the US but something I've never heard of so I googled for recipes for yellow cake mix and made it from scratch. 

And the result? Condensed milk on hard crust which didn't taste all that bad. I actually thought I failed because it didn't turn out like how it should have like in the photos I saw, but after I refrigerated it, it became harder and it bore a resemblance to how it should look, so it was actually a success! I have to say that it was rather addictive to eat from the glass tray itself, you just keep eating and eating. It's really horrendously sweet. My brother really liked it though!(Or he was just trying to support me(:)

And the verdict? Will I bake this again? It's definitely NO! Not going to put my family and friends at risk of diabetes. This is the kind of recipes that are worth trying just once for taste, not something I would keep in a folder to bake again for special occasions. That doesn't mean that it doesn't taste nice though!

I went to google and I realised that I got my recipe here!

No comments: