Sunday, July 14, 2013

I am loved

Decided to compile a photo post of food that my mum baked because I love them or I said that I wanted it.

 photo IMG_4472_zps34286522.jpg

First would have to be the scones, or honey biscuits for a nicer name. I saw it on Anna Olson's baking show and thought the scalloped shaped honey biscuits looked very nice. So my mum baked them and had them ready when I got home from work. She baked them when she was on dental MC, when she could have been resting!

 photo IMG_4509_zpsd01c3e2d.jpg


 photo IMG_5453_zps1b173c17.jpg


 photo IMG_4550_zps96216170.jpg

Hoho, and the super expensive looking (if I might say so myself) blueberry lattice pie. She has made it twice already, the first time because I got upset when my apple crumble from Tiong Bahru Bakery overturned. She made it to 'compensate' for it. The pie was so much better than the apple crumble and the apple pie that she also bought for me from another bakery Galacier. The crust was saltier than expected because she used salted butter by accident and added salt as well as the recipe called for salt to be added in. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The salty pie crust balanced out the sweetness of the blueberry pie filling very well. I ate so many slices! It's a good thing that my knees have recovered and that I can go exercising again. So many photos of it because it's really super nice.

 photo IMG_4552_zpsa1c3aa50.jpg

We were flipping through a cookbook of Chinese cuisine, and I told her to pick a dish that she wanted so that I can cook it for her. No no, I didn't make this for her. She grilled this stingray for me yesterday because I ended up picking a dish as well. I haven't cooked what she has picked, but I'm cooking it today!

 photo IMG_4491_zpsf2713310.jpg

What I did bake was this Strawberry swirl cream cheese pound cake. Because a simple pound cake is too mainstream, I chose this cream cheese pound cake with a strawberry swirl. This was supposed to be her birthday cake for her birthday in March. Doesn't look very nice, it actually looks very ugly because I didn't know how to do the swirl properly. Tasted nice nonetheless! I got the recipe from my favourite food/recipe blogger Browneyedbaker. You can google for her blog if you wish, her recipes have never failed me once and always turn out so good.

I haven't started on my Hong Kong posts while Amanda has already finished hers! I'm so eager to blog but sifting through the photos are a big headache. I'll get to them soon but in the meantime, I will blog about other blessings that I've experienced.



2 comments:

jx:D said...

haha your mum is such a lihai baker! (:

Samantha said...

I am lihai too! Haha self praise:X