Saturday, April 27, 2013

Unforgettable

I should have known, right from the start.
We were never equal to begin with, I cannot expect to be treated the same way that you are treated.
But I always hoped, deep down, that we would be.

I will always remember what happened when I was fourteen, when I realised that I would always be treated as an afterthought, never to be the best no matter how hard I try, never to be the one to be on your mind even when I am the one by your side.

Try as I might, I have never managed to forget this incident that happened nine years ago. How can I even forget it now, when the same incident manifests itself in so many ways these days.

I know that I should accept it, but if you'd just admit it, I would feel much better. Instead of denying it, yet showing what is exactly on your mind through your actions. Actions always speak louder than words.

There have been so many times that I tell myself to distance myself so that I will not feel the hurt every time, but I know that is not right.

Thankful to God for teaching me to love someone who has disappointed me.

Hosea 3:2 and Romans 5:8

Jesus did not wait for us to become better people before loving us again. He reaches out to us. I need to remember that a relationship is not just about two people, but three people, including Jesus. We can love only because He first loved us (1 John 4:19)

Thank you God, thank you Jesus. I will try my best even though it gets difficult to handle and I cannot stop myself from distancing myself. But I will memorise 1 John 4:19 to remind myself that Jesus loves us, so that we can love.

These are even better

Forgiveness for the Offender
If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you to some extent—not to put it too severely. The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. 10 Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, 11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes. (2 Corinthians 2:5-11)

Doing Good to All
Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. (Galatians 6:1-3)

13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. (Colossians 3:13-15)




No comments: