Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ootoya

I'm always loitering in Clementi Mall during lunch time when I eat outside so I think if anyone asks me what shops there are in the mall, I think I'd be able to give them quite a complete list. That is how I always remember the most useless things and am unable to remember the things that Need to be remembered. Always walked past this shop's advertisement, so I told Amanda that I wanted to try it when we met at Clementi Mall. And tadah! She told me that she tried it before and that it was not bad. So we had it when we met.

I must say that they don't have much variety. I think they serve mostly rice. When I eat out, I actually like having noodles. Somehow, after all these years of eating rice everyday, I've cultivated a habit of ordering noodles when eating outside. But actually, rice is healthier right? Since noodles would be coated with the oil in the soup.

 photo IMG_3887_zps62ab01d3.jpg

This was what I ordered. The chicken katsu don. I just assume it's called that since it's chicken and rice with egg drizzled over it. Didn't think that it was awesomely good or anything. I think I prefer the one from NUS science canteen's jap stall, though they both aren't entirely similar. It didn't even come with vegetables or anything.

 photo IMG_3891_zps64ebddd0.jpg


 photo IMG_3889_zps49396097.jpg

Amanda's tempura prawn set which was good!

Had frozen yogurt at Tutti Frutti after that. We actually wanted to try the black ball dessert that is so popular now only to realise that all they have are sweet potato, yam balls and grass jelly, which I don't like. Haha so that's one dessert that doesn't appeal to me, which is a good thing! So we headed to Tutti Frutti to have frozen yogurt priced according to weight. It was fun watching other customers choose their cups and filling up, and then guessing the weight and price of their yogurts. Good times like these will come again soon(:

1 comment:

jx:D said...

heehee, VERY SOON! :D