Monday, April 29, 2013

Happy birthday Grandma!

The title says everything. Gave my grandma a treat at Watami on her birthday because I knew that she really likes Watami. It's one of the few Japanese restaurants that she likes. 
 photo IMG_4099_zps204831e6.jpg
Photo of the birthday lady!

We ordered the set for two. Ended up with so much food that I couldn't finish, so my grandma had to eat more. But I know that she likes the food so it was alright!
 photo IMG_4109_zps97d776ae.jpg
Sashimi that I found to be so healthy and nice only recently. I've been missing out on so much!

 photo IMG_4105_zps69b10569.jpg
Caesar salad. Sigh I think people (myself included) who order salads in restaurants are just trying to act healthy, since these salads are hardly the healthiest items on the menu with the dressing and sauces. That being said, Watami does serve nice salads. I think the Watami salad is the nicest, but sadly the one that came with the set was just the caesar salad.

 photo IMG_4107_zpsec48adce.jpg
I love stone pot rice! It's like a combination of Jap and Korean food, don't you think? Making use of Korean technology of the stone pot so that the salmon, rice and other dishes can be mixed together and further cooked. I remember the first time I ate at Watami with AFC they had a scallops and prawns mixed rice, but I guess it has been removed from the menu.

 photo IMG_4111_zpsa15a3622.jpg
Army stew. My favourite stew ever since I watched the running man members cook it during one of the episodes. I still prefer the one I had in Korea. Rich in flavour and the cheese. Tempted to cook it one of these days. I miss having kimchi as a side dish for dinner. My mum is such an expert at kimchi making now:D

 photo IMG_4120_zpsb8f46d2e.jpg
Happy birthday Ah Ma! Thank you for all your love towards me all these years, for taking care of me ever since the moment I was born. I deem it my great fortune that you're living with us. I am so blessed to have you in my life, to know you, to be taken care of, to be fussed over whenever I show the slightest bit of sadness. I love your home cooked dishes, how you are able to 'anyhow' mix ingredients together yet it still comes out nice and delicious., how you always think cooking is such a simple task that anyone can do whenever I ask you why you are so good at it. Thank you for always allowing me to sneak food right after you dish them out onto the plate, for teaching me how to cook, what I've learnt is just the tip of the ice berg. 
I'm really sorry that I ever doubted your love for me. I was, and still am so immature. Thank you for everything, really. I love you, Ah Ma.

1 comment:

jx:D said...

Awww!((: