Sunday, March 24, 2013

Untitled



Suddenly in the mood for some reflections, thinking about what I've wanted to achieve in life and what I've done in attempts to reach it. I guess I'm not unique, everyone wishes to make a difference somehow, yet I used to think 'making a difference' was something so personal to me. Still, I do try my best to, but somehow, along the way, I forgot about 'making a difference', things got monotonous, I lost sight of the road ahead, focusing only on the present. I don't even know what I'm rambling on about, just...trying to tell myself not to continue what I've been doing. But as with all things, changes always come at the perfect time. With the change at work, I suppose I'll get busier and hopefully, happier, ironic as it sounds.

And no one ever said I can only make a difference in one way, so I found other ways to contribute and continue what I want to do. Finally managed to do some volunteer work near my house and I'm really happy to be part of the events as a helper instead of the participant that I always was.

I really hope to find more meaning in my life. I'm not satisfied watching the days go by sitting at home on weekends, though I get rest, not satisfied busying myself with choosing which new clothes to buy next, not satisfied that I haven't made much of a difference.

I know things will get better because all these take time, and in time, I really do hope to look upon the past and know that I've truly, indeed touched the lives of others.

Not that long a reflection, but it got my thoughts sorted out so it's a good thing! Ending with a quote told to my by a teacher that I will always remember.

Mother Teresa Quote (About small things love great things)


No comments: