Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tiong Bahru Bakery

Visited Tiong Bahru Bakery some time in December with my Mum. Always wanted to try (okay I know I have lots of places I want to try) the food there because I saw so many photos on Instagram.
I was feeling hungry so I ordered a burger!
This was the squid ink burger with smoked salmon. Just listing whatever I can see here because I forgot what it was called. Not my usual burger. I like my burgers hot from the pan (the patty at least, but there's none here) so this was rather cold though I think they did heat it up for me. My Mum said that the vegetables they used for this burger is some expensive veg but I couldn't appreciate it. It was too bitter for my liking but I finished them all anyway before I started eating the salmon. The squid ink burger bread didn't taste very much different from the usual white bread, except that it was probably more flavourful. A rather nice combination, the squid ink bread with salmon. Won't be trying this again though!

Lemon tart to share. I liked the lemon but not the tart. The tart was seriously too hard and difficult to cut through. You know they give us metal knives to use on these porcelain plates, and how loud a sound the knife makes when it comes into contact with the plate. Once again, not another item I'll try again.

My Mum's latte. I can't comment much since I'm not a coffee drinker, but nice latte art, I guess.
I guess we didn't order the items that were really nice. My Mum told me that her colleague said the foccacia bread was nice. Probably another time, but not so soon, haha. I've still got a whole list of places to check out(:


No comments: