Friday, March 08, 2013

My idea of breakfast

Hi everyone! What's your favourite meal of the day? Mine has got to be breakfast! Because I love deciding how to start the day healthily and preparing my own breakfast(: 
Some healthy breakfast ideas to share, I usually look at the portion size listed in the nutrition information and just have one serving of it. Portion sizes are really important if you want to eat healthily because the healthy pyramid states 'Eat all foods in moderation'

I like having cereal and oats and bread, so my breakfast is usually either one of that with fruits/milk/soy milk. 

Blueberries with Fitnesse cereal. The few times I had blueberries for breakfast. My Mum bought them intending to make cake with it, but changed her mind in the end. It was actually my first time tasting fresh blueberries and I liked it, shall buy them when I see them(: Calories: Less than 200
Fitnesse cereal with strawberries. I secretly like not pouring milk over the cereal because the cereal gets soggy real fast and I have to race against time to finish it while its still crunchy, but not that I have the luxury of time in the morning anyway. I think this should be around 200 calories as well.
Oats with banana and milk. This kept me full till about 11. Usually my breakfast doesn't really keep me full, probably because I eat too early. At about 9am or so my stomach starts to make funny noises again. Oats and milk would be about 200 calories, and a banana, probably 150 more, so I guess this explains why this was more filling!
Oats with milk and blueberries. This was one of the rare times that I disliked what I was eating. You can see that the milk looks so diluted, because I made this from milk powder, and didn't know how to estimate, so I ended up drinking milk that tasted like water. Still healthy but I was so sad that it didn't taste nice. 

This isn't meant to be my breakfast, but my lunch one day last week actually. Didn't feel like having rice/noodles so I found myself looking for a sandwich. Couldn't find a decent sandwich so I bought crystal jade's Brown bread. That's really its name, haha. It contains raisins, walnuts, oats and wholemeal stuff. Had two slices with a cup of low fat yoghurt and it felt so satisfying though I didn't have the mood to eat. Will definitely be buying this more often. It's free of trans-fat! But it's not really cheap. $3 for 6 slices small but thick slices. In terms of calories, I think it works out to a little more than 300 calories or thereabouts. I really like how this brown bread tastes so I wouldn't mind having it plain for breakfast as well, which explains why its here, together with my breakfast options(: 

Actually I'm not too sure how much I should be taking in per meal. I guess if the limit is 1200 calories per day, then it should be 400cal per meal, but then what about fruits in between meals? Okay I shall go look it up and find out! 


1 comment:

jx:D said...

Lol! I think the most frequenty used word is this post would be calories:p