Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Cause we're cheapos like that

Marmalade pantry has been on my list of restaurants to visit for a long long time after I saw so many people posting photos of their pasta and desserts. But never really put much thought into actually planning to visit since it's rather expensive. And then came the one for one promotion in December last year. Omg, I'm lagging behind so much, it's already March. But nevermind, own time own target! Went with Amanda!:D We never expected there to be a queue, and a really long one at that, but what to do, we were already there, so we decided to queue. I think we queued for at least 30 minutes before getting a seat. And I already decided on what to order even before I reached. 

Haha posing with the piece of paper. 

Crabmeat linguine. No question about it. I wanted to try this so much after the good reviews. And true enough, it was really really good. It was cooked with real crabmeat, which is rather rare, and the tomato pieces were huge as well, not forgetting the pine nuts that I like. In case anyone is wondering, we both ordered the same dish! That's why there is only one photo of the main dish, hahaha. 
And this! The sticky date pudding! This was also really good. We finished this up in minutes because the cake was so warm and the ice cream was so cold, such a nice combination similar to chocolate lava cake and cold ice cream. The crunchy bits below the ice cream tasted nice though we were trying very hard to figure out what it was.

So that sums up our visit to Marmalade pantry! I'd love to try the other food but I'll most probably end up ordering crabmeat linguine again..

No comments: