Friday, March 01, 2013

Loss

I guess I've always taken living for granted. But I realized this week how fragile and precious life is. Accidents happen, people do things on the spur of the moment. I guess none of us ever thought that the things that have been reported in the news could actually happen to us. No one would have expected that people close to us would be reported in the news as well.

1. Treasure life
At our age, we lament over getting older, not being a teen anymore. But in our parents', grandparents' and relatives' eyes, we are still so young. And no matter how old we get, our parents will always worry, be on the lookout and care for us.

2. Treasure the people around us
Always show your love to the people you love. Let them know how you feel. Life is too short to bear grudges or get angry over small issues. You never know what can happen the next moment. Let there be no 'what-ifs', 'if only's, because whatever you choose to do at that moment, you felt it was the best choice. Do not ever regret your actions.

Keep in mind that we all love you. We will never forget you, but we take comfort in the fact that you are with the Lord right now receiving the love from God and I look forward to the day that we will meet again.

God sent His son

God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus 
He came to love, heal and forgive 
He bled and died to buy my pardon 
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives 

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow 
Because He lives, all fear is gone 
Because I know He holds the future 
My life is worth the living just because He lives 

How sweet to hold a new born baby 
And feel the pride and joy He gives 
But better still the calm assurance 
That child can face uncertain days because He lives 

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow 
Because He lives, all fear is gone 
Because I know He holds the future 
My life is worth the living just because He lives 

And then one day I'll cross the river 
I'll fight life's final war with pain 
And then as death gives way to victory 
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives 

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow 
Because He lives, all fear is gone 
Because I know He holds the future 
My life is worth the living just because He lives

No comments: