Sunday, July 15, 2012

Photoshoot + rambles

This is a little overdue, and I didn't think of blogging this but it was quite an experience, and rather enjoyable. It was from a groupon deal which was quite cheap, so we decided to try it out. We haven't got all the photos yet, so I shall just post some that we received. They turned out way nicer than expected!

First of all, the dress I wore: The tinsel rack's sunbeams dress in white. I think it's a very nice dress made of very smooth material and pretty scallop edge and crochet details. Think I will wear it out very often, one of my favourite dresses (I don't have that many dresses to begin with, hahaha!) From the picture you can see my sunburn (again). Already promised myself not to get sunburnt again since we went kite flying at marina barrage about 2 years ago but I still got sunburnt! Though not as bad. All because I forgot my sunblock for the body): Even got a watch tan, which has luckily faded a little now. 

Applied bb cream for the first time ever and was quite amazed at the effects. Though others couldn't really tell that I applied bb cream>< It's not as heavy as foundation that you can feel the powder and all, so it's quite good. But will only use it on days that I need to look good, such as interviews and maybe work next time! Shall not get too over-reliant on it because I don't want to become addicted to make-up, so called! Tried using eye-liner the day before the photoshoot and it turned out horrible. I was inspired by Ga-in's eyeliner look and tried drawing the same by watching youtube tutorials, but I failed terribly. Couldn't draw using my right hand at all): Photos that I koped from facebook!


 I quite like this photo because it was a candid shot! Although my eyes are kind of closed and my legs look fat. But overall a nice shot because Joanne and I look happy here! Forgot what we were talking about also. I think it's the photographer who was very pro! hahaha.
And this walking shot is another of my favourite. Okay I actually like most, if not all the photos because they all look so vibrant and nice. Probably because it was taken with a dslr. Wanted to set this as my cover picture on facebook but because of the angle, I couldn't crop it properly so I gave up that idea.
 Hoho and this! Luckily I brought a picnic mat, if not we'd have had to lie on the grass and feel itchy all over. And this shot reminds me of Junsu's angel pose, which he tries not to do so often now. And you can see the grass in the foreground of the photo, out of focus, which I think is quite cool.
 And the day before, we were thinking of which props to bring, and I ended up lugging quite a bit of stuff, like picnic mat, hairbands (5 of them!!), hairclip which not all of us used, umbrella and sunglasses which were also not used): But the photos still turned out nice! Suxian bought these colourful windmills which was quite a good idea because the wind was quite strong(: The photographer was waiting for the windmill to spin to start taking photos but from the photo you can't even tell that it was spinning-.- I kept feeling that my hair was very messy throughout since I perspired quite a bit, but can't really tell from the photos so it's a good thing!

 Haha the photographer told us to talk but I didn't really want to be talking halfway with an unglam look so we spoke kind of weirdly to each other. Sounds so vain I know. Haha!

Almost got very wet after taking this photo! Because we stood according to height and I had to stand at the back, so it was nearer to the waterfall or something like that. And the ground was socrching hot without the water, so we sought refuge in the water after everything ended. Ended up walking barefoot to the sheltered area and had to wash our feet><

Quite an awkward photo for me because I was just told to point in that direction. haha and my hair looked kind of weird as well. But I like that the flyer looks like it's just beside me.

Just had my commencement on the Wednesday just past and I kind of feel a little pressured to look for jobs. But I really want to find something that I really want to do and not just settle for something. I was really inspired by one of the speeches. One of the professors quoted Steve Jobs:


“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”

Which I find to be really meaningful. All thoughts of getting job that gives a lot of monetary satisfaction got banished from my head. Because truly, I want to help people. So I'm going to go in that direction. I think that is really important and I'm really glad to have found what I want to do. I was honestly quite lost in the past month with no sense of direction. Sounds quite bad I know, and I got upset by something as well. Just glad I'm out of that phase now(:

About the commencement itself. I was so nervous when I was about to go on stage. There's actually nothing much to be nervous about since it's just going on stage, shake hands, smile, get the scroll and leave, but I just was nervous. Haha and backstage, the assistant was busy helping me pin my hood because I only pinned one side and the other side kept dropping off. I think others felt the same as well so it wasn't just me. So many thoughts in my mind, such as, what if I fall down?, what if the person can't pronounce my name?, what if I forget to smile at the camera?, and the list goes on. I don't remember how he pronounced my name because I didn't hear anything as soon as I started walking towards the dean. Would you call that inattentional deafness? Haha. The ceremony was kind of boring because I was sitting beside people I don't know. Well not really don't know but just people I see around in lectures and labs but never talked to them before. So I can't suddenly launch into friendly conversation. But towards the end it got better because one of them started making friendly conversation. And I realised how mean I was to start judging someone even before I got to know her. Kind of ironic that I changed my impression of her the last time I would be seeing her. But it's still better late than never!:D Also saw some people who I didn't expect to see, like some of my lab mates. I think they were surprised to see me as well. Maybe I'm just thinking highly of myself but nevermind about that.

In a sense, I have to admit that commencement brought about some things I never expected it to, like facebook messages from relatives I haven't seen in years. In fact, I actually do miss seeing them, miss hanging out with my cousins who are of the same age as me. Although we played only when we were about 10 years old, I can still remember the times. Good times, I would say. And since they have made the first move to talk to me, I think I shouldn't hold back and initiate meetings if possible, right? Since life is always too short for regrets. This is a motto that I always tell myself, after so many others that I tell myself. We are afterall relatives and related by blood, in a way. I sound so old-fashioned. But truly, I do want to see them again, not thinking about how it will turn out or anything, that's another thing. I just don't like making empty promises I can't keep. And the result of this rambling is that I actually did tell my aunt that I hope to see her soon(:

I'm still not done with my Korea posts yet! So slow I know, but I will, eventually! It serves as a memory for me as well(: In case I want to go back there again! haha!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

O.O
This post came so late.....