Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ricciotti

Met up with my JC classmates at Star Vista for dinner some time back! To think of it I haven't seen them since 2 years ago where we met at Food for thought in Bugis with the exception of Steph and meeting Wan Ying randomly on the train and at Woodlands. This meet up was sparked by coincidentally meeting Wan Ying on the train and we met up the week after! It was a pity that she couldn't join us in the end because she was stuck in the lab till late): I sure hope we can meet soon again and not 2 years later.

We walked around Star Vista and finally decided on Ricciotti since Steph and I read favourable reviews about it. Sadly it was quite a disappointment):

 photo IMG_4453_zps8240c5d5.jpg

This is pizzotto which was quite highly raved but I found it really very so-so. The crust is so thick and not to my fancy. The egg on top was a nice touch though it didn't make much difference to the taste. We actually googled some of the ingredients like pomodoro and I think it's a type of pasta sauce? And I feel that pizza is something that must be eaten hot since the crust becomes rubbery when it has cooled.

 photo IMG_4451_zpsbd2657bd.jpg
And capricciosa which also tasted similar to pizzioto, probably because it also has pomodoro. 

We ordered these two 12" pizzas for 4 people to share and it was more than enough. And there was a promotion for pizzas, I think 2nd at half price so it was quite reasonable(: They have different promotions for different days of the week so it'd be good to check out which you'd like.

As always, it's the company over the food. Although we haven't met for 2 years, I was glad that we could still catch up like the times in jc. Can't believe it has been 6 years since I've met them, certainly hasn't felt that long to me, and the frequent instagram photos from Wan Ying that appear on my news feed makes me feel like we're always in contact. 

4 comments:

SimplyMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SimplyMe said...

It looks so super delicious!!!!!! Why not nice? :( I also dislike thick crust but i suppose the cheese would determine if the pizza was good or not!

SimplyMe said...

Oh yah.. how much did you pay for the pizza?

So good that you're still be able to talk to and engage in good conversations with people whom you haven't met up for so long! <3

Samantha said...

@joanne: Just didn't taste nice at all, probably it turned cold very quickly? Haha I think we paid $10 each so $40 in total(: