Wednesday, June 12, 2013

126

Visited 126 for dim sum with my mum and her colleagues a few months ago. I know I'm so behind with my blog entries but I'll try my best to make it up to date because I'm so excited to blog about Hong Kong and all the nice food! I'll include the addresses of the restaurants and shops with food worth trying, the crystallisation of my hard work from researching for the itinerary.

126 (It's pronounced in cantonese which I fail at so I can't remember how it's supposed to sound)搵到食 
126 Sims Avenue
Singapore 387449

It's quite a distance from the nearest MRT station (Aljunied if I'm not wrong), and as we went in the evening, we had no choice but to endure the glances from the uncles who were sitting around at the coffee shop as we walked past. It's safer to go with a male friend who can protect you from those uncles, as I feel that it's not such a safe place to visit at night!

 photo IMG_4431_zpsd4e1d9e1.jpg
This is all that we ordered! Didn't manage to take individual photos because our chopsticks were too fast. It was quite a spread as the food arrived shortly after we placed our orders. They have the usual dim sum like siew mai and har gao and if memory serves me right, they tasted ordinary. Apart from those, they also have more unique ones like enoki mushroom wrapped with beef slices in black pepper sauce. I remember polishing those off as the rest didn't like it, or were too polite and let me have the king's share of it. Something else worthy of mention was the steamed rice rolls. It wasn't the ordinary steamed rolls stuffed with prawns/char siew. They came in small rolls in thick brown sauce which I felt was really unique and nice. My mum's colleagues liked the kong ba bao, but I felt that it was rather ordinary as well, probably because I don't like fatty food. I peeled apart the entire bun and the pork and left the fat untouched><

Didn't take too much of the fried stuff but I felt that the prawn dumplings were good. The fried beancurd sticks with a blanket of corn mayonnaise was not too bad too, but of course, the mayonnaise had to go. 
I will return for their rice rolls, really! And the only thing lacking has got to be my favourite salted egg yolk custard bun! But I finally finally got to try Swee Choon's today! Blog post for that to come up soon, I hope!

1 comment:

jx:D said...

haha dim sum looks v nice! (: