Sunday, June 09, 2013

Haven't been penning down my thoughts for some time because I've been feeling peaceful and at ease with myself until recently.
I don't know if time is the factor, or if I'm insecure about certain friendships, or if it's the person I'm uncertain about. I don't know why some people are so difficult to love, in Fanqin's terms. Just when I thought things were going well between myself and a friend, something has to happen, something the friend did to test my patience/tolerance. It must be a test from God to test me, to test if I can really love this friend. It's always easy to love a friend when things are going well, when days are happy.

I just realised the relevance of yesterday's service in my situation now. Praise God, really. At such a moment when I'm feeling so dejected, jaded and at a loss, God reminds me to apply what I learnt yesterday.

Titus 2:9-10 Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive. (NIV)

Just reading it like this, I wouldn't have realised the relevance of this scripture in my life, but yesterday, Pastor Jeff explained it in layman's terms, that even if we are caught in less than ideal situations, we must still shine in the name of Jesus. For it is only in the darkest of the skies where stars can shine the brightest. I want to be a bright star in the dark sky.

That's right, I must learn how to love this friend. I don't know myself very well, but I do know that I have very high expectations of people and I often feel let down/disappointed/annoyed by their actions. I can't do it on my own, but with God's strength, I can love them better.

Thank you Lord for this reminder and guidance, I love You Lord. I know what to do now. I must become smaller, He must become greater.


1 comment:

SimplyMe said...

It is true that some people can be difficult to love. May God lead you every step in the friendship you have with anyone - be it to grow or to part.

<3 Praise God for all things and rely on His strength each day girl.

May He be glorified in all things we do!