Friday, May 10, 2013

Mooja!

Was introduced to Mooja, a Thai-styled steamboat restaurant located in Tanjong Pagar. My Mum's colleague was treating since he got promoted. He told us that they serve healthy food. Haha well, healthy or not, it's a personal opinion. In my opinion, definitely not! But it tasted so good. I wouldn't mind going back again for their cheese pork balls. Really out of the world.
 photo IMG_4217_zpsd8640cf1.jpg


 photo IMG_4207_zps1f836702.jpg
Fried fish skins. I know doesn't look appetising, let alone delicious, but it was so awesome! It tasted like keropok, just that it's thinner and crispier. The lady told us to dip it in the soup for 5 seconds for the best taste, and indeed it was. Ahh I really want to go back there for their cheese meatballs and fish skins. No photos of the meatballs but it was really really really good. They steam it when you order it and the cheese squirts out when you bite into it. But you do have to be careful because the cheese might burn your tongue. Didn't have a lot but I did enjoy it very much.:)

 photo IMG_4213_zps04c65b91.jpg
Wide variety of seafood and meat as well. The usual steamboat items, and its unlimited orders for all, except for the wagyu beef and the black pork and something else. Their standard chicken and pork tasted really nice as well because it was seasoned before hand. The squid too! And I had quite a fair bit of scallops.

 photo 23406296-7B40-4B2A-8167-354DF0CACC76-20778-0000128B0F500B92_zpsfd1f8b58.jpg
Steamboat and grill, thai style! You can either choose to add the food into the soup and eat it like steamboat or choose to grill it at the top. I was really pleased since it was my first time trying it. The only thing I disliked about it was that the grilling was done using LARD!! So you can see why I say it's unhealthy. But I can't think of anything to substitute the lard since butter is equally bad. Yet the meat tasted so good when grilled. The lady taught us to shape the meat into a ball and grill it like that. I was quite surprised that it didn't chao-da. 

Enjoyed the meal a lot with my Mum and her colleagues. They are such a funny bunch. The meal wasn't cheap, I'm guessing more than $20 per person because we had free flow drinks at an additional $5 per person. Don't worry if you don't drink sweet drinks. They provide mineral water by the bottle. For those who like having beverages, they have thai milk tea, iced lemongrass and other items as well. 
Definitely something everyone should try at least once(: They have the non-buffet menu during lunch too. 
Didn't know that Tanjong Pagar has so many hidden restaurants (hidden to me, at least), definitely returning to try more restaurants(:

No comments: