Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Mummy!

Told my Mum that I'd give her a treat for her birthday and she told me to choose a place from my list, so I chose Skinny Pizza as I felt that it was something that she would like as well since she liked pizza. Moreover it's skinny pizza with thin crust. 
 photo 7DF0AB36-322D-47AB-A13F-3EE096ED9B50-21424-00001303B03A00F5_zps8d48d825.jpg


 photo 61FC1C61-BA6C-4D7F-B7A8-9D8BFEDB6D05-18772-000010A2392C5C72_zps08ba73cb.jpg
First time trying truffle fries! I read that either you like it or you don't, so I was actually quite afraid to order it, like what if my Mum and I won't like how it tastes. But my fear was unfounded, cause I liked the taste of truffle fries! It's like wasabi flavour but without the choking in the nose feeling. Has to be eaten when it's piping hot as it doesn't taste as good when cooled. My Mum isn't a lover of wasabi at all, but she helped me finish some of the fries:D

 photo 82B723FB-44E4-40D0-9C3D-2D4E6DA739D2-18772-000010A255AF83E3_zpsa600beca.jpg
Here comes the long awaited squid ink pizza that I ordered! Really really really awesome! Perfect in my dictionary. Hahaha. The squid and prawns were lightly cooked before being baked together in the pizza, I'm quite sure. But I didn't like the taste of raw onions, so I removed all of them. Really overload of squid and prawns. Even my Mum who isn't a fan of squid ink commented that this was nicer than the one that she ordered. She said I had almost two squids, and I guess that would be quite a good approximation if you exclude the heads and tentacles. I had no idea how to cut the pizza with all the toppings, so I just broke pieces off the pan. And the pizza crust was really crispy and flavourful, because of the squid ink I suppose. This shall be my staple when I visit Skinny Pizza! This, and truffle fries:D

 photo 5B5795DE-68E2-441D-8B2B-43BA34376ABF-18772-000010A25E1586A6_zpsbd540f39.jpg
Another photo of the squid and prawns. Look how plentiful they are. If anything, it's the rocket vegetables that I didn't really like, it wasn't to my liking but I still had them all because it's healthy. And I'd say their pizza is healthier compared to others because of the thin crust, lack of the usage of processed sauces such as tomato or the spamming of cheese like how it is done for pizzas from those that are delivered. But of course, this pizza has so much seafood I guess it isn't healthy as well. Doesn't stop me from ordering it, still. Hahaha. Not like I'm eating it on a weekly or daily basis.

 photo 613F4B2A-B271-4803-9528-4359785578B0-18772-000010A248CE8B7F_zps9e4c8a81.jpg
Meatball marinara pizza that my Mum ordered. I did try a slice of it, and it tasted nice as well. The meatball was my favourite type, like Subway's, compact and flavourful. But not as nice as the squid ink pizza. Rocket vegetable adorns it again. 
Had a nice meal and didn't get too full though we had one pizza each, probably because of the thin crusts. But still, no space for desserts. Hahaha, we saw a couple who ordered a pizza, a rissoto and a pasta, if I'm not wrong, but there were also two people who ordered a pizza and truffle fries to share, so I'm not sure what the standard is. I guess if you enjoy the meal and don't get too full then it's alright!

The night didn't end too well because of certain things that my Mum said and I felt bad that things had to end on such a note, but on hindsight, she simply cared for me and wanted to undo the knot that had been in my heart for a long time, so things turned out well. I'm just sorry that it had to be on such a happier occasion. 

1 comment:

jx:D said...

the pizzas look so nice! :D:D