Sunday, May 13, 2012

SA Carnival

In an attempt to keep up with blogging, I shall blog about SA's carnival which I went to with Jiayen, Steph and Wanying. I would have felt 17 or 18 again if not for the students and other people who looked so much younger than me. But we were saying that we actually didn't look that much older, it was just how we felt. it was pretty fun, walking around the school compounds reminded me of so many memories, trainings at the field,  the different lockers which Steph and Wanying were pointing to, saying they once used them, and finally realising that they shared lockers. The usual canteen stores weren't open, so we couldn't have our favourite fried bee hoon, fries and chicken patty, not forgetting the really yummy ice blended fruit juices. Got to go back some day for those(: Who wants to go??:D Haha. Steph and I wore saints tees while everyone else wore their own clothes.

On 142!
Posing with the fish and chips which we shared
Steph and Wanying
There wasn't much food at SAJC so we went over to the junior school. We had sushi and fish and chips, and mint chocolate chip ice cream, which was really huge and worth it. But it was so huge we got sick of the taste towards the end. Still nice though. We saw the ferraris and other sports cars but didn't get to take a photo with it because it was quite expensive and we missed the timings as well.
Ice cream!(:
Suddenly at a loss for words because I haven't blogged in such a long time.
 In all, I'm just glad that we went for it although all of us were busy with projects, assignments, tests, presentations and everything else. Because if we kept making excuses for ourselves, saying 'I have a test, I need to study, I need to mug, I cannot spare the time'. At that rate, we would have never gotten to meet up. In such events, I feel it's not the actual event that makes things memorable, but the company that we had, and that was exactly how I felt. And I felt that it was time well spent. We saw Mr Chay and even spoke with him for a little while, though we think he couldn't really remember us. But what can we expect. It's been 4 years since we graduated from SAJC. We saw Miss Low and our econs tutor Mrs Wong too.(:

Saw many other people who were from our batch. Felt that sense of familiarity though we don't know each other. We even stayed around to watch the Kiwi cup, which was a rugby match between the saints  and raffles alumni. There were 3 matches if I recall correctly, starting with the 50s, Under 50s, and the Under 30s. As expected, the most exciting match to watch was the under 30s since the players were fitter compared to the rest and there were fewer pauses and injuries as well. It was fun, munching on nachos and drinks while having our usual conversations, discussing what was happening since we did not know the scoring system and we got to know of the score from overhearing other people sitting close to us. And to make things worse, we sat at the wrong side, where most of the Raffles' supporters were. At that point in time, I wanted to be 17 again, with so many deadlines for assignments and final exams looming ahead. If I were 17 again, there wouldn't have been so many worries or frustrations, because it was only the A levels that mattered. All that mattered would have been trainings, small tests and tutorials. I only wanted to be 17, not 18. So then I wouldn't need to face the A levels. Okay that was a really silly thought because I was afraid of all my modules, especially LSM4243 which became my elective since I decided not to do honours. 

We bought the 150th anniversary merchandise, though they were a little pricey. Afterall, how often do we get to have another 150th anniversary? Someday I might take that t-shirt out to wear, but not so soon because I don't have an occasion to wear it. On a random note, though, I saw a girl wear the exact same one I had in NUS the following Monday, and a few times after.

Before the rugby match started
Ending with a few more photos. I think this is the first time I blog with so many photos. SA won the match in the end.
The all familiar path I walked everyday
Didn't manage to get a nice shot of the bridge because it was so crowded. But I will try to get a better shot, if I get to go back again(:

Group photo that I already uploaded onto Facebook
I love instagram, which makes photos look so much better than the original. Taking this photo was somehow awkward because so many people were walking past us. But it turned out nice in the end. Ending here now. Till the next!(: I guess I like blogging afterall. I still have so much more to say, so much more thoughts to share. I guess sharing some of them here would be better than writing in my diary, something which I haven't done in months.

After a semester of writing so many lab reports and assignments, my ability to articulate my thoughts when I type has gotten much better. Something good that came out of it, I guess. But I'll save those for another day. I might do a review of modules I did, but I'll see how it goes.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! wow, it's so nice that u can go back to SA with your classmates! looking at the familiar backgrounds in your photos reminds me of how my "journey" in SA even started, and how i got to know u and the rest of AFC! <3

lovely memories! hehe <3

take care!

ting yu

Samantha said...

Tingyu!(:

Yup going back to SA brought back so many fond memories. Let's go back there some day! I still find it amazing how AFC was 'founded'. I think it was fate(:

You take care too!<3!