Monday, May 14, 2012

Food

Hi!

This is glutton Sam here. So I was just thinking of my Korea trip which is coming so soon. And I thought of a list of food to try while in Korea.

1. Number one on my list would have to be Ddeokbokki! I didn't like it initially, when I first tried it. I was thinking that it tastes so weird, but now I love it! I guess I'll be the only one eating in Korea because my family is not a fan of it. I'll have to say '아주머니 일인분 주세요!' ><

2. Samgyupsal
Pork belly! This is what all my dieting (well, almost) in Singapore is for. Okay I kid, dieting is to look good in clothes. To have pork belly which is full of saturated and trans fats wrapped in veggie and drizzled with sauce. Must. Have. This!

3. Bibimbap
My family loves this! So I foresee having this pretty often in Korea.

4. Kimchi
I really want to taste the different types of kimchi they have after having the typical nappa cabbage kimchi here in Singapore. Not sure if I can handle the spiciness, but there's always cold water to the rescue, right?

5. Mandoo (Dumplings)
Haha, after running man and Korean 2, I really want to try the mandoos. I wonder what's the difference between the Chinese one and Korean ones.

6. Bulgogi!
Actually this should rank higher in my list, like number 3. I seldom eat beef, but I really really like bulgogi!. The beef is sliced thinly and full of flavour.

I guess without pictures here, I'm just raving to myself. I'll take photos of these food when I have them in Korea and post them here when I get back:D

I've been surfing Gmarket Korea. I know right, online shopping even before I get to Korea. Just to see what to expect on the streets of Dongdaemun. Actually my friend recommended shopping online and have the stuff delivered to where we live, but I'm having second thoughts about it because I don't have a Korean phone number which is required. That aside, I think that is a really good idea because it will definitely be cheaper. But I'll see how it goes since I'll be bringing my laptop over. I'll be receiving my results when I'm in Korea): Don't know what to expect but I really just want to pass all my modules! Twelve more days! I don't think I've been this egg-cited since the Taiwan trip about 2 years ago. I think Korea will be more fun than Taiwan, at least we can wake up when we want and not rush like we did when we followed a tour in Taiwan.

Had a bad dream last night. Of all things, I dreamt of Tumor Bio. It was quite nonsensical, but still a little scary, you know how paranoid I am towards school stuff.

I'm paranoid to the extent that when attemping assignments, I write my name on the header so it appears on each page, but yet when submitting it into the box or tray or wherever, I still have the tendency to doubt whether I wrote my name. And when my friends ask me if I wrote my name on the assignment, I still need to think whether I wrote. Thinking about this, paranoia is quite a huge issue for me. Yet it's perceived as normal. Why is that? Just a random incident that happened on the last day of school when I had to submit 2 assignments. I got really flustered thinking I didn't write my name on the assignments and went back to check. But! The admin staff already took all the assignments which meant I couldn't check.

Saw many recipes online that I want to try, but sadly I can't yet because there are still cupcakes that I made. Don't you get upset when no one wants to eat what you made. I shall distribute them to friend when I meet them so that I can bake more often and try new food, yet not eat too much!:D I like all things peanut butter, chocolate and nutella(sometimes).

Taetiseo's Baby steps is on repeat now because I like the lyrics. And because of my goguma heart. kekeke

I still haven't gotten used to the idea of typing I, I, I all the way in my blog. So maybe I'll attempt another method of blogging. The I, I, I reminds me of someone who is so self centred. And I have no wish of following in his/her footsteps.



No comments: