Friday, May 25, 2012

Another baking post and ramblings

So I was really motivated and baked hazelnut praline muffins last week. It's nutella flavoured cupcakes with a nutella centre, topped with hazelnuts and a thin layer of sugar. The layer of sugar looks really nice like that.



Wasn't much of a success but I liked it, just saddening that my family didn't share my opinion. They commented that the cake part was too bland. It tasted quite sweet to me. The bland-ness was probably because of the nutella in the centre that was too sweet. They looked really nice when they first came out from the oven, but looked horrible after I had to refrigerate it because the sugar melted. Might bake this again but without the sugar on top and will toast the hazelnuts in the oven first for more crunch.

Attempted Jelly hearts last week as well but it was a major flop in terms of presentation. The jelly sank to the bottom while the digestive biscuit layer with cheese floated to the top. But! Almost all of them were polished off within 3 hours. Shall attempt them again when I have the time. Took some photos of the 4 pretty ones but it's in my phone. Will upload them another time.

Don't think I have much time to bake once I come back from Korea because I will have to start looking for a job and writing up my resume and cover letters. I want to work but I dread interviews. I'll save the depressing stuff for another day.

Finished 2 dramas within a span of a week. Can't believe my speed as well. These 2 dramas have become my favourite dramas of all time. I don't think any drama has had me continually watching and intrigued. For most dramas it's just going through the motion, watching them because I started watching them. But these 2, Rooftop prince and The moon that embraces the sun, have really good plots. Though I admit that I watched these 2 because there are actors whom I like, but the storylines are really good. Cried buckets for the moon that embraces the sun, a first since the Snow queen. I really liked the child actors. It's the first time the child actors took up 5 episodes of a drama (At least for me). Shall not be a spoiler and spoil anything. But yes, please do watch these 2 dramas if you're looking for something to pass your time(: Okay I'm aware my audiences do not watch a lot of Korean dramas so I shall stop going on about how good they are!(:

Really excited about my Korea trip!




No comments: