Monday, September 30, 2013

Hello Talia

After much hassle, I finally received The velvet dolls' Talia Eyelet cut out romper, mostly because of my own decisions. Here comes the long story. I tried the romper in size S at Kissjane one day and decided that it's too fitting for my liking. I already decided that I would get it in mint because it's the nicest (probably my own biasedness towards mint colour as well), and since S is fitting, M would be good. So I happily joined the backorder for the romper in mint size M. And I was really really looking forward to receiving it because well, I really really liked it.

 photo IMG_6083_zpsb5f77909.jpg

This is how it looked when I tried it at kissjane. I really felt uncomfortable in it, likely because I just had a heavy meal.

And then while I was happily awaiting the arrival of the romper, I received an email from them instead, informing me that they did not have enough stocks for mint size M, and I was given the option to either opt for a refund or choose another colour. I really wanted a piece of the romper, so I was again stuck in a dilemma as to which colour to choose, and I decided on white in the end. And even as I was taking the white romper out, I knew that it was too huge and would not fit well. I don't think I took a photo. So I decided to try my luck and email them to ask if they have extras for mint size S, and I was :D when they replied that they did! So I waited for it happily, although I was a little afraid that I might not be able to fit into it. (I think I've gained weight since the previous time)

 photo IMG_4873_zps2d28a95b.jpg

And here, this is the one I received from the backorder. It actually fits nicely, no weird stretch lines at the sides like you see in the above photo, and it didn't feel tight at all. I'm guessing its due to mass manufacturing, I couldn't have lost weight right? Hahahaha. And pardon the un-ironed romper.
So I conclude that I would not have faced any problem with the backorder at all if I had just ordered size S. But well, this is how it turned out, and I got my desired colour in the end(: It's a really nice piece and in my favourite colour! The only problem would be the length which is a little too short for my height of 1.66m, but nothing that cannot be solved by being more careful when out.

No comments: