Sunday, October 06, 2013

There's a first for everything

So here's my first bodycon skirt-dress? I say skirt-dress because it's not entirely bodycon and many have told me that it looks like a top and a skirt. So which dress is it?

 photo IMG_4875_zpscc530b12.jpg

None other than Smooch's Camilla and Belle dress!
Again, there is quite a long story with this dress.
I saw this dress when they launched it in January or February this year, but I was too slow during the launch and also, the price held me back. I didn't join the backorders as well because I don't really like waiting for backorders.

Then came the extras from backorders which they launched in July. I just happened to see it on the site when I was browsing randomly. I couldn't decide on which colour as I felt like all colours were nice. I particularly liked grey but I think at that time it wasn't on the site. I also liked white. And it was in my cart for a few days, until I realized that it was the last piece, then I got flustered and hurriedly checked out. I decided on size S because the ptp was 15"-16" and the measurement from size M would be too huge. It fits just right at the hips, another dress not suitable for buffets or huge meals.

It's a really pretty dress, although I was kind of surprised at how the nude/brown contrasting colour turned out. It's darker than the photos online. I thought it was nude when I saw it online. And the floral appliques sewn on are very intricate and not flimsy. And the double straps do not sit very well on my shoulders but that isn't a problem to me. Perhaps black would be much more flattering and give a slimming effect like it always does, but I wouldn't know because I'm the one always choosing white. It doesn't exactly crease easily but it does crease when you sit for a while.

I wore it casually with flats but I think it can be dressed up with accessories and wedges or heels. A versatile dress!


No comments: