Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cafe hopping days (III)

Here's part three of my cafe hopping journey, and this time with my dearest Mummy!

Since we both work in the west (sort of, not the extreme west though), I decided on D' Good Cafe, since I'd heard of it recently, and TTR had their photoshoot there as well, and it was in a location convenient for both of us. It's just a short walk from Holland Village station, a little further up from Hatched, if you've been there before. It's a very interesting cafe! It's located on the second floor, and there is a very special lift to take you up, where the lift is just a platform for you to step on. Well you can just climb the stairs up but my mum insisted on taking the lift, haha.

And we could just sit anywhere we liked, provided that it has not been taken up by anyone else. There're seats at the third level as well, but we didn't want to go up. My guess that it must be as pretty as the second level.

 photo IMG_6534_zps23e2e2a8.jpg

There are lovely seats at the swing, but it was occupied by the time we arrived.

We ordered and paid at the counter, so there wasn't any service charge or GST. We lingered at the counter for quite a while because we couldn't decide on what to order. We're so fickle minded like that. My mum always leaves it to me to decide when we go out, and you know I'm always undecided when it comes to ordering. We decided to just get one waffle and a breakfast dish, 'cause I like waffles. I know right, so much for being healthy. But at least I balanced it out with fruits! I love bananas to the moon and back hahaha. I can't remember how much both cost, but the prices were reasonable.

They gave us this, reminiscent of Rooftop Prince. Hahaha. I always remember Lee Gak buying this and pestering Park Ha by giving her this device and making it beep constantly.
 photo IMG_6532_zpsea68f9ef.jpg

And it wasn't long before it beeped and I exchanged this for our food.

 photo IMG_6536_zpsc36a6852.jpg

Waffle with fruits and maple syrup

 photo IMG_6538_zpsfa276df5.jpg

All day breakfast set. Loved the mushrooms and the bread.

We shared the above and the portion size was just right. We didn't feel too bloated or full and still had space for desserts after. Since I treated my mum to dinner, she said she'd treat me to a dessert! Totally didn't expect that and it was a pleasant surprise(:

And we found ourselves at Island Creamery! It was my mum's first time there and I was quite surprised that she didn't order or want to try their unique flavours like pulut hitam or chendol, since she liked them as desserts.  After a round of trying the flavours, we settled on burnt caramel and black forest! I always get to try something new each time I visit and this time, it was the black forest for me. I kept telling my mum that the love for burnt caramel is an acquired taste and made her try it first to see if she liked it before we ordered.
 photo IMG_6542_zps974c4333.jpg


 photo IMG_6544_zps0f0eb297.jpg

And I was tempted to order this mudpie instead of the baked alaska my mum kept suggesting. So needless to say my gracious mum gave in to me.
Very #fatdieme night but it's not always so its okayyy right?
I bought the chocolate peanut butter flavour home and it's still sitting in my fridge right now. My mum got the black forest flavour.

 photo IMG_6545_zps5790e37e.pngInstagrammed it! I love how Instagram allows me to post memories almost instantly.
More nights like this to come!

D' Good Cafe
273 Holland Ave  278992

No comments: