Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I've neglected this space for some time, and today I'm back here to share about being touched by the Holy Spirit. All along, I always thought that it was the lyrics of the praise and worship songs that touch me, but last week, I found myself tearing even when I didn't know the lyrics. Thank you Jesus. For all the constant reminders that my worth is in nothing else but You, not what I look like, not what I achieve or even what I do. To keep trusting You for Romans 8:28 says that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him.

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are.

Yes Lord, everything that I am is given by Your grace. I am not to boast about anything because it is not my position to do so.

Kind of looking forward to serving in church this weekend yet there is this teeny weeny bit of apprehension because it's my first time. But I know I will do fine and it will turn out alright!

I don't know if anyone feels like this sometimes, but I do. Like settling into some kind of familiarity and getting too comfortable in life. I don't know why, but I don't really like this feeling because then things would remain status quo yet we should always be striving to improve each time. That said, I'm 'enjoying' this familiarity and I've been happier at work thanks to my two colleagues who make me laugh daily while facing the screen. So glad to have found them, and right now I'm really amazed and astounded by the greatness of His plans. A year ago, I accepted this job because of various reasons such as distance, nature of the job and simply gut feeling and would never have expected NEMO to come this far. I'm heartened to see reports on what we've been doing the past one (or two, for some of us) year. So motivated to work harder to make a difference for more of these patients!

I guess stress makes me shop more, okay those are just excuses. My eyes are very bad, they're spoilt, like my grandma would say whenever she sees things that catch her eye and make her want to buy them. I've been shopping on Love, bonito quite a bit. And I've moved away from the fit and flare dresses that I used to favour towards shift dresses which look more formal. Will share some of them soon!

This entry is such a mish-mash of random ideas in my head, I will get down to proper posts soon, just a matter of when now! Hahaha.

No comments: