Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cafe hopping days (IV)

Part four of my cafe hopping days! And this time it's Symmetry cafe with Steph! Symmetry is quite a popular cafe, I tried calling in advance to make a reservation for seats on a Saturday and was told that they were fully booked. But we decided that we'd just walk in and hope to get seats, although we had alternatives haha! We've planned in advance like that cos we have so many cafes to try.
They've got quite a sophisticated reservation system where you can just enter your number and group size, and then they'll call you when they've got seats for you, so we decided to wait it out since they had seats for people waiting outside. It wasn't quite a long wait, I must say.

I guess if you opt for bar seats the wait might be shorter since not many people would be keen on those (not us, anyway, haha)
 photo IMG_6572_zps64e30ceb.jpg


I loved the quaint and mismatched decor. There is beauty in mismatched furniture and appliances, but sadly that doesn't apply to dressing up. Sometimes when I find that my clothes are matched weirdly I'd feel ill at ease the entire day and can't wait to go home. Okay digressing, on to what we ordered.

We really wanted to try their all day breakfast but we got tempted by their other items. And as you know, two of us don't want to eat too much, so we gave the breakfast a miss. We love truffle fries so we couldn't pass this up.
It came in a really huge bucket! Tasted really nice, and there was a side dip of truffle mayo (I'm guessing cos I didn't use that dip much). I seldom eat fries anymore because of the fact that it's unhealthy, unless it's truffle fries. Double standard much, haha!
 photo IMG_6555_zps1b7322e0.jpg


And next up, another of our favourites, waffles! It came topped with whipped cream so we swept it off. I realize we do that for everything we order that has cream on top. Steph commented that it's not four whole quarters of waffle but more like three and a half. I loved the waffles, it was crispy on the outside, and topped with the ice cream, it was just awesome.
 photo IMG_6564_zps65b4fa06.jpg


We saw people at other tables ordering their all day breakfast sets which looked so nice too, but we had no more stomach for that so it'll have to wait for the next time we're there.

Instagrammed it, one or two months back.

 photo IMG_6586_zps5941468c.jpg

No comments: