Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cafe hopping days (II)

Here's part two of my cafe hopping journey! This time with my grandma haha!
Accompanied my grandma for her routine checkup at Novena, and I wanted to bring her to a cafe for a nicer meal instead of having lunch at the hospital, so we visited La Ristrettos which is located in Novena Medical Centre. Thanks to Ting for telling me about this cafe, for I wouldn't know where else to go for nicer food apart from my favourite restaurant chain TCC at Velocity.

Well it was quite funny, my grandma kept asking me as we were making our way to the cafe, how can there be a cafe among all these private clinics? And lo and behold, it appeared right in front of us. It was rather hidden and you really wouldn't have known of it if you hadn't passed by it before or making a special trip there like us. It was around 1pm when we arrived and it was really packed. I can't remember if they allow reservations, but it was mostly filled with healthcare staff on their lunch break, and the staff asked us if we wanted to sit outside, if not we would have to wait. So we took the outdoor seats first, and she told us that we could sit indoors when the other patrons leave. We got the indoor seats rather quickly so it wasn't an issue.

Next was deciding what to order. Even though I often look through menus before visiting, I don't actually decide what I want to order until I arrive. I guess it's dependent on my mood and tummy that day hahaha. We were trying to catch the attention of the waiters only to be told that ordering and payment has to be done at the counter. I think that's good, so that when you're done you don't have to be awkward and try to catch the attention of the staff to ask for the bill. Ordered a cappuccino or latte (I really cannot recall) for my grandma and it came with pretty art on top.

 photo IMG_6182_zps994210d1.jpg

Which was quickly destroyed because my grandma likes her coffee sweet.

 photo IMG_6192_zps31422933.jpg

Mushroom Frittata which I ordered for my grandma. I read that it's an omelette, so I was quite surprised that it came like that. I always had the impression that an omelette has the fillings wrapped up. I tried a little bit and I was kind of disappointed. This is really a dish that is not bad, not good enough. Haha I don't downplay the dish. I'm sure the sour dough bread is nice! My own set also came with sour dough.

 photo IMG_6190_zpsa50ed27d.jpg

Tostino E Arrosto which I ordered for myself! Because it's chicken breast and cherry tomatoes. I started liking sour dough bread after eating the toast at Maison Ikkoku. The chicken was really well done. It didn't taste like chicken breast at all. The portion looks a little small like that but I was full from it.

We enjoyed our meal there. Wouldn't say that it's quiet because there was quite a crowd throughout the time we were there. Also, there is only one large table in the middle of the cafe so there's quite a high chance that you'd have to share the table with many others, unless you don't mind the 'bar seats' facing the window. A nice cafe to visit with reasonable prices really.

 photo IMG_6198_zps2d2760ab.jpg

Asked my grandma to pose outside the cafe(: I'm so thankful that she is healthy and youthful looking and that she loves western food as well to come with me on cafe hopping trips.

 photo IMG_6199_zpse7c22791.jpg

And a grainy photo of us using the front iphone camera.

No comments: