Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The tongue

Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Proverbs 12:18 (NIV)
The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Matthew 15:10-11 (NIV)
10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

I've read many bible verses that teach me to hold my tongue, but I couldn't pin point the exact one, so I did a search and realised there are so many. This tells us the importance of the things we say. Let our words only serve to build and give strength. No hurtful words. No I am not perfect but I am trying. 


No comments: