Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Last week

Because I've got so much backlog, I decided to blog photos I took using my iphone throughout the week. I'm not even a food blogger so I shouldn't be blogging with restaurant names as my blog titles. My phone has about 2500 photos. I realized that I take a lot of photos and refuse to delete them from my phone, the reason being because I want to keep them in my phone to look back on.

Last Monday, I visited my hair stylist at Jurong point to cut my hair, went back to bangs again after a year. I got tired of looking tired everyday with messy and unruly hair. With three inches off, my head felt so much lighter. Hair will always grow again so I'll say hi to longer hair a few months later. For now I'm happy with shoulder length hair!

Had dinner with my Mum at this claypot restaurant just across from the salon. Can't remember the name but it's beside Lai Lai kitchen. It's always quite crowded so I guess it's rather popular with the crowd.

 photo IMG_5886_zps41920642.jpg

Hong kong style porridge with you tiao! I like you tiao, but not when its alone. I only like it in tau suan and porridge. It was served really hot, and I guess two people can share this. Not too salty so it's a good choice.

 photo IMG_5888_zpsd3a91e57.jpg

Claypot chicken rice. Wow this was so flavourful. Alternative wording: Wow this was so so so salty. Hahaha. It was nice because it was so fragrant, mostly because of the sweet dark soya sauce. Also served really hot. I like food served hot, it's important to me, like just freshly cooked and  that it's not cooked long ago and just heated up.

 photo IMG_5884_zpsd153dc28.jpg

Ordered this 3 egg spinach as well. 3 egg means century egg, salted egg and normal egg. My mum says this is quite a common dish but I've never tried it before. Anyone has had this before? It's like just ordinary soup with the vegetables and eggs. Not something I want to eat often. You know, like I always say, high cholesterol.

And for those who don't know, 1st of August is Nurses day! Our clinic had a mini celebration during lunch time. Though I didn't participate in performing, I enjoyed the videos made by the other departments. It was really hilarious.

It was a day of unhealthy food for my tummy, you'll see why.

 photo IMG_5907_zps95919838.jpg

Nasi lemak for lunch

 photo IMG_5909_zpsa100e0d1.jpg

Then a macaron made by one of the doctors.

 photo IMG_5919_zpse0bd262b.jpg

Chewy junior donut from one of the nurses.

 photo IMG_5915_zpsf76c6ec2.jpg

Chocolate cake from our boss.

 photo IMG_5925_zps9211c7ae.jpg

Mini peanut butter cupcake from twelve cupcakes from the nurses.

I am really blessed and taken care of by the nurses who always look out for me, not just because of all these sweet treats but also in other aspects as well. I'm not good at expressing how I feel so I guess they feel that I'm really quiet but I'm thankful that my circumstances is different from my colleagues in the other clinics. I believe God put me there for a reason and I am just thankful, really. Every day I wonder why I am so blessed, then I remember that God loves me unconditionally.

 photo IMG_5930_zps2bece34f.jpg

Met Cynthia for dinner after that for an appointment that she had. Dinner at Kim Gary! Tried something that I never tried before, beef with vegetables rice. The beef was tender and flavourful, and reasonably priced for a restaurant located at Ion as well. Planned our bangkok itinerary and got carried away. Our Bangkok trip is just 24 days away, time really flies! Can't wait for it!

 photo IMG_5931_zpsdff34f01.jpg

Fish crackers that my colleague at Jurong sent to our group chat. I'm always torn between eating crackers like these and fruits. I like fruits any time but I finish my apple so fast. I think I shall buy grapes next time!

Had an awesome service in church last Satuday. It was an evangelical service titled 'Keep calm and look up' and I was touched by so many people who accepted Christ that day. The bible always addresses worrying and stress to me but it was nice to look at it through a fresh perspective. Dinner was at Golden mile complex as (almost) usual. My favourite place for good cheap Thai food.

 photo IMG_5940_zpsd9e2a66b.jpg

My Mum whatsapped me this photo while I was on the way home. It's my favourite cinnamon rolls! Because I kept talking about it and my Mum wanted to bake bread, she baked these for me. No photos of it because I was too anxious to eat it the next morning. I'm going to try to make it some time. Some time = no promises about when I will get down to it! Hahaha.

Before I left for service, I mixed the dough for my grandma to make pau, so I had pau and cinnamon roll for breakfast the next morning. I am thankful, blessed and love. I thank God for my mum and grandma(:

 photo IMG_5943_zps07079354.jpg

And look what finally came in the mail! November is comingggg!(:

 photo IMG_5951_zpscf76646a.jpg

Tried on and fell in love with this skirt from Forever New on Sunday when my grand-aunt treated us to lunch at Jpot again at Vivocity. Sadly I cannot become the owner of this very pretty skirt because it comes at a very hefty price tag of $99. It's like even more than the price of three of my good girl flare skirts from the tinsel rack. That is not to say that I wasn't tempted, but my mum dragged me back to reality. I was really really almost on the verge of paying for it. Then I found an alternative online! I guess I'll only receive it next week, considering the long weekend.

And I'm done with the photos from last week! I'll blog about the past weeks soon. So looking forward to 5:30pm tomorrow because that'll mark the start of my long weekend! Exciting plans ahead and I can't wait! Tomorrow is going to be such a busy day but I know I will get through it even if it means over time!!


1 comment:

jx:D said...

lol. I always blog w food titles:P lol. if not all my titles would be outings w x, outings w y. haha if not I wouldnt say that mine are reviews. lol