Monday, August 12, 2013

Land of Dim sum Day 2 part 1

Got up bright and early and excited! Because we were going to head to Disneyland that day! But before that, breakfast at Australian Dairy company! Since I started doing research for the trip two months before we left, it has been in my list of breakfast places to visit. Initially, we booked a guesthouse in Jordan, if I recall correctly, and Australian dairy company was within walking distance. But we cancelled and booked a hotel in the end, so we took a train there instead.

 photo IMG_3646_zpsf3c91a7a.jpg

Tong Mi road, where our hotel was located. Got to love how they number their road signs, so you know whether to walk up or walk down depending on where you're headed, like 12 Tong Mi Road. At least you know you're headed in the right direction. Very useful for us tourists who don't know the landmarks.

 photo IMG_9038_zps8ec1c7a7.jpg

Amanda and I in front of the hotel. Quite a small hotel but I liked it. And they had rooms for us though we booked super last minute. Wi fi was only limited to the lobby so at night many people would sit at the lobby to whatsapp and facebook/instagram.

Oriental Lander Hotel, Kowloon
206 Tong Mi Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Nearest MTR station: Prince Edward

I was so excited to be going to Australian Dairy company!! I did not have high expectations of the staff working there, and I also expected to have to queue to enter because everyone mentioned that they had to queue, but surprise! Guess who didn't need to queue? It was probably because it was drizzling very slightly. Also, the staff didn't treat us as badly as I had expected, so thumbs up for that as well.

 photo IMG_3650_zps063d8279.jpg

Their menu wedged under the glass piece.

 photo IMG_3655_zps047c96f9.jpg

Desserts.

We ordered two breakfast sets. Each set consists of eggs with bread, macaroni and a drink of your choice. Do they really expect one person to finish the entire set? Well we definitely couldn't. So three of us shared two sets. And even that was a little too much.

 photo IMG_3652_zps776f517d.jpg

I read that the egg sandwich is quite a popular choice, but I wanted it separate so it's nice that it came separately. And yes, the eggs were good! Definitely heading back whenever I travel to Hong Kong!

 photo IMG_3657_zps4e1b0d0e.jpg

And this!! Almond with egg pudding! So eggy and yummy. I'm not sure if they serve it cold but I liked it hot, albeit burning my tongue because I was too anxious to try it. I was also tempted to order the egg white pudding but I had no more stomach for it. HKD$23 for this bowl of eggy goodness. About S$4, quite expensive compared to our breakfast meal but so worth it! Need to go back to try the egg white pudding!

 photo IMG_9045_zpsa4b8d9ed.jpg

Really got to hand it to the waiters. I have no idea how they can remember what we ordered and how much it costs. When we decided to get up to leave, one of the waiters simply wrote the amount to pay on a piece of paper for us. How did they know?

And after we finished our breakfast, the queue had already started to form. Crumbs the frozen yoghurt shop is located just beside it. Wanted to try their yoghurt but obviously not so early in the morning, and it's also not open at such a timing, so I'll have to leave it for the next trip. No idea why I'm posing with the umbrella like that. Left the cha chaan teng with happy tummies, that explains Amanda's pose right?(:

Australian Dairy company
G/F 47-49 Parkes Street, Jordan
Nearest MTR station, Jordan exit C2

 photo IMG_9047_zpsbd584bca.jpg

At Jordan MTR station, we saw this umbrella vending machine. The umbrellas have really nice prints so I got one in houndstooth prints. I was actually hesitant to buy it but I wasn't sure if I would see the same machine again elsewhere so I just fed the machine, not literally since they only accept the octopus card. Hahaha.

I'm going to end this post here, I know I've only covered like what, the breakfast part but it already has so many photos so I'm not about to squeeze more photos of Disneyland in here. Till the next!



1 comment:

jx:D said...

love the egg pudding! :D